Earlier, Luxury cruises were a distant dream for most people as they were only available at international destinations, so Indian vacationers who dreamt of a cruise holiday would head abroad to expereince a luxury cruise. Also, during that time, luxury cruise holidays could only be afforded by the highly affluent and elite class due to their exorbitant prices. But now with the arrival of Jalesh Cruises and Angriya Cruises in India, this dream has become more accessible and an achievable reality for many.
While, Angriya is India’s First Ever Domestic Cruise Liner sailing from Mumbai to Goa and return, Jalesh Cruises is India’s First Premium Luxury Multi-Destination Cruise Ship, sailing on both Indian and International waters.
For every type of traveler — couples, solos, families and groups alike – both these Cruises offer the most variety of restaurants, bars, entertainment and adventures. So, which cruise ship is the best choice for you? Not sure how to find the best cruise line for you? Do not worry, we have you covered.
We have outlined the key distinctions among the 2 most popular Indian Cruise Ships. Look for highlights of onboard accommodations, dining and entertainment, as well as ship itineraries and destinations.
- Jalesh– Karnika
- Angriya – Angriya
- Jalesh – Launched on 17th April, 2019
- Angriya – Launched on 20th October, 2018
- Jalesh – Up to 2000 passengers
- Angriya – Up to 399 passengers
Type of Cruise
- Jalesh – Multi-Destination Luxury Cruise Ship
- Angriya – Single-Destination Cruise Liner
- Jalesh – Domestic & International Sailing
- Angriya – Domestic Sailing
- Jalesh – The cruise ship offers onshore destinations and excursions across Indian port cities such as Mumbai, Goa (Mormugoa), Ganapatipule (Jaigad), Diu and International destinations such as Muscat, Dubai and High Seas with more destinations being added in the 2020 itineraries. Its future shore excursions program includes tour options in large port cities like Kochi, Chennai, Vizag (Visakhapatnam), Abu Dhabi, Colombo, Ras Al Khaimah, Singapore & Penang.
- Angriya – Mumbai & Goa
- Jalesh – The 70,285-ton has a total of 837 cabins; housed in 36 mini suites, 162 balcony rooms, 430 ocean view rooms and 209 interior rooms. There are also special cabins and facilities for senior citizens and differently abled passengers. The cruise consist of high-quality accommodation such as mini-suites, cabins with ocean view and balcony, interconnecting rooms; all featuring plenty of amenities.
- Angriya – There are 104 rooms on board, divided into eight categories, including dormitories, deluxe rooms, premium rooms and luxury suites. Exclusive and spacious couple rooms with double beds are also available. The dormitory has bunk beds and while other rooms have single and double beds. Some suites are located at the underwater level.
- Jalesh – 14 Decks
- Angriya – 7 Decks
- Jalesh – 14 Restaurants, 9 Bars & Lounges
- Restaurants: The Waterfront, Chef’s Table, Chopstix, Essence of India, The Far Eastern Kadhai, Kettle & Bun, Jain Haven, Vegetarian Bang, Sugar & Spice, The International Grill, Hot Clay Tandoor, The Café, Frozen & Street Food at Karnika.
- Bars & Lounges: The Dome, The Oasis Bar, The Marquee Bar & Show Lounge, The Chairman’s Club, Jalesh Bar, The Pool Bar, The Casino Bar, Connexions Bar and Mix Bar.
- Angriya – 3 Restaurants, 5 Bars & Lounges
- Restaurants: Ancora, Coral Reef & Sea Breeze.
- Bars & Lounges: Aguad, Gaaz, Sea Horse, Sorro Di, Goaf.
- Burlesque Performances
- Broadway Musicals
- Blockbuster Movie Screenings
- Stand-up Comedy Show
- The Dome (Pub)
- Sea Horse
- Sorro Di
- Petara (Shopping)
- Jalesh – The Player’s Casino
Games provided are Blackjack, Poker, Scratch Cards, High Roller Table, Slot Machines & Amazing Table Games.
- Angriya does not have a Casino onboard.
- Spa at Sea
- Fitness on the High Sea
- Swimming Pool
- The Dry Dock Spa
- On-Board Pampering
- Infinity Pool
Activities for Kids & Teenagers
- Jalesh – Kids Academy, Quest & Quest+
- Angriya – No exclusive activities for kids
- Jalesh Itineraries
- Mumbai – Mormugoa (Goa) – Mumbai | 3 Days & 2 Nights
- Mumbai – Diu – Mumbai | 3 Days & 2 Nights
- Mumbai – Ganapatipule – Mumbai | 3 Days & 2 Nights
- Mumbai – High Seas – Mumbai | 3 Days & 2 Nights
- Mumbai – Mormugao (Goa) – High Seas – Mumbai | 4 Days & 3 Nights
- Mumbai – High Seas – High Seas – Muscat – Dubai | 5 Days & 4 Nights
- Dubai – Muscat – High Seas – High Seas – Mumbai | 5 Days & 4 Nights
- Simply Dubai with Jalesh Cruise (Ex – Mumbai) | 8 Days & 7 Nights
- Simply Dubai with Jalesh Cruise (Ex – Dubai) | 8 Days & 7 Nights
- Angriya Itineraries
- Mumbai – Goa – Mumbai
Departure from Mumbai’s Victoria Docks at 4 pm and arrives at Goa’s Mormugao Cruise Terminal at 9 am the next day. Similarly the return journey from Goa begins at 4 pm and ends at 9 am the day after. The total one way journey is approx. 14 hours and operates thrice a week.
- Mumbai – Goa – Mumbai
- Jalesh – There is no specific limit. However, guests are recommended to carry a maximum of one (1) bag per person, if traveling on cruises of 3-5 days duration, and no more than two (2) bags per person, for cruises of 6 days or longer.
- Angriya – Guests can carry 25 kg as check-in baggage and another 10 kg as cabin baggage.
- Jalesh – Available at an additional cost
- Angriya – No Wi-Fi available onboard
Facilities for Disabilities
- Jalesh – Jalesh Cruises has special Cabin facilities for passengers with special requests. Wheelchair-accessible rooms include wider doorways, no thresholds into bath and more handrails around the bathroom.
- Angriya – Currently, Angriya doesn’t feature any disability-friendly amenities like elevators or special toilets. Also as most of the facilities like pool, spa, bars and restaurants are located at different levels, guests with mobility issues may have difficulty accessing the same. However, the cruise line expects to have disabled-friendly facilities very soon in the future.
- Jalesh – The cruise has licensed doctors and nurses to assist guests for any medical emergencies.
- Angriya – There is no doctor or medical professional on-board. Guests are requested to carry their own medicines. The entire crew is given on-hand training for all medical emergencies and for providing first aid.
- Jalesh – Jalesh Cruises offers Shore excursions at all ports of call.
- Angriya – No shore excursions.
- Jalesh – Priced between 18,000-30,000 per person, the cost varies depending upon type of destination and accommodation.
- Angriya – The cost varies based on the type of accommodations you choose inside the cruise. The tickets of the cruise are priced between Rs. 7,000 and Rs. 12,000.
Though both cruises are fantastic for a perfect cruise vacation and serve everyone from couples to families, there’s something special about taking a Jalesh luxury cruise. It could be feeling like the first-class passengers in Titanic or it could be the feeling that you’re in a special place. Jalesh Cruises has more to offer in terms of entertainment, world-class performances, five-star dining, relaxation and an opportunity to visit multiple destinations around the world. They also offer excursion options for vacationers who can take tours and see the sights of their port destinations safely and easily. In fact the 2000-passenger has an exclusive area dedicated for kids and teenagers. This cruise is truly an ideal choice for people who want high-quality entertainment and variety. There is a family-friendly atmosphere (no worries about adult-themed shows), great service, absolutely gorgeous views, and everything that’s magical about Jalesh. You will find cruisers of all ages aboard a Karnika ship.
On the other hand, Angriya Cruises is considered a budget cruise line but offers some great entertainment and dining experiences, similar to Jalesh. The journey onboard this 131 cm long ship, which plies between the popular Mumbai-Goa route, begins with a breath-taking view of sunset in the Arabian Sea and ends 14 hours later with another spectacular sight of sunrise along the Konkan coast. It is a great cruise line to start with since it’s very affordable and offers a good variety of activities.
Also, in addition to differences in cruise mates, you’ll see big differences in atmosphere: Angriya is about affordable fun, while Jalesh is nicer and more luxurious and gorgeous, with a slightly higher price tag.
Also Read: The wait is over: Mumbai to Goa Cruise is finally here. Time to hop on Angriya
Not sure how to choose?
The cruise line you choose will depend on the type of vacation you are taking. Some may want a cruise that concentrates on fun and games, while another wants a more relaxing cruise filled with luxury and exquisite dining. A cruise journey can also serve as an excellent venue for those planning their wedding onboard. Each of these cruse itineraries features an element, big or small, of experiencing the high seas. You’ll discover endless thrills for every kind of adventurer aboard both these cruise ships; from the daredevils to the culinary crusaders, and fun-loving families to couples on a romantic getaway.
Taking a vacation soon? You might as well travel in the lap of luxury with one of the best luxury Cruise lines. As with all our exclusive Jalesh Cruise packages, you’ll be treated like royalty as you visit places across India and beyond.
Have you read?
- 18 Surprising Facts about Jalesh Cruises
- Inside The Most Luxurious Cruise Ship In India, ‘Jalesh Cruises’
- Sail on India’s First Luxury Cruise from Mumbai To Goa
- Thinking Of A Cruise Holiday? Here Are Our Top Tips And Tricks For First-Timers
- India’s first Cruise service starts from Mumbai to Dubai
- Jalesh Cruise: What the Luxury Cruise Experience is really like!
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights