Say hello to Angriya; India’s first Domestic Cruise Liner that will take you from Mumbai to Goa and back! The cruise ship’s first journey was flagged off by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Union Minister for Shipping Nitin Gadkari on October 20, 2018 in Mumbai.
Goa is a destination that signifies exotic holidays, spiritual awakening and freedom of travel. When people travel to Goa, it is usually by land or by air. Some prefer to fly to Goa or they hop on a bus or train and travel overnight. While others prefer to drive in their own vehicles or hire self-drive cars. Now, one more mode of transport has been introduced. The Mumbai to Goa cruise; making the journey more fun and luxurious. Why fly, when you can sail…on a seven-deck cruise from Mumbai to Goa!
Here are 10 interesting facts to know about the luxurious Angriya cruise:
1. Angriya Cruise is a 7-deck, 131-meter long passenger ship built in the year 1997 (almost 20 years old). It once carried passengers from Tokyo to the islands of Ogaswara. Yes, there are some lovely Japanese elements left intact for you to spot!
2. It is named as Angriya, which is taken from Admiral Kanhoji Angre, the 1st notable admiral of the Maratha navy and the great coral bank reef, named Angria bank between Maharashtra and Goa. Interestingly, Mumbai is also home to a naval establishment named after him, called INS Angre.
3. The Angriya cruise will sail to Goa thrice a week except during monsoons.
4. It will depart from Mumbai at 4:00 pm reaching Goa the next day around 9:00 am. From Goa, the Angriya cruise will depart at 4 pm and reaches Mumbai at 9 am, completing the travel journey in just 16 hours (non-stop). The journey timings are such that it allows you to get a taste of both sunrise and sunset during each trip.
5. It will sail both ways between Mumbai and Goa, unfolding its coral diversity and royal sea forts along the way. The two embarking/destination docks being the Purple Gate of Princess Docks in Mumbai and the dock at Mormugao in South Goa.
6. The luxury ship has 104 rooms, divided into eight different categories; from dormitories, deluxe rooms to luxury suites. The dormitory has bunk beds, while rooms have single and double beds. The cruise has luxury rooms on the underwater level as well.
7. It is meant to ferry 399 passengers at a time and will have 67 crew members including hospitality and marine crew.
8. Angriya has two restaurants. In addition to the delectable local cuisine of the Konkan region, Continental, Italian, and Chinese food is served at the two restaurants. The Ancora restaurant includes a coffee shop which is open round the clock. The other restaurant is Coral Reef, which provides glimpses of the sea via portholes.
9. The cruise ship features an underwater-level spa, gym and an infinity pool. Better still, there are six bars and a lounge to let your hair down, so you can start the party well before hitting the shores of Goa.
10. Other than being a passenger cruise liner, arrangements can also be made for a private party, a wedding event or an offshore corporate meeting.
Also Read: How To Apply For Your India Visa (Or e-Visa)
Inspired much? All globetrotters looking for new thrills on their holiday, this cruise ship is the answer! Expect a premium travel experience, and a lot more, once you board! It’s time to leave behind the land and sail into the sea; onboard the first-ever Indian cruise liner.
Want to sail on the Angriya ship from Mumbai to Goa? Discover the benefits of cruising, where you can go, what the rooms are like, what you can do onboard, and how to start planning … Do you have any more questions about cruising, planning or booking the Angriya cruise from Mumbai to Goa? Get all your answers only on akbartravels.com
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights