Visa applications can be daunting and put people off travelling to certain destinations. Securing a visa for India used to be time-consuming and involved sending away passports and photograph to the Embassy, which was quite a hassle. India is an incredible country and to make tourists from different countries visit it easily, the government introduced the India e-Visa scheme. The good news is that the application of India e-Visa is done 100% online, which means a simple document printed online will let you enter India. Foreign nationals of 166 countries can enjoy this facility at 26 airports and 5 seaports.
Interesting Statistics of tourists arriving in India on an e-Visa
Number of foreigners opting for India e-Visa has seen an exponential increase, since it was launched by the Government of India on 27th November, 2014. The popularity of this e-Visa is sky- rocketing. As per the statistics the numbers of foreigners who visited India on an e-Visa jumped from 4.47 lakhs in 2015 to 17 lakhs in 2017. A total number of 18.78 lakh foreigners visited India this year in the last 10 months which is four times the figure registered in 2015. The fee collection this year till October 31 was $ 137,527,270 which was $ 105,558,496 in 2017.
Quick facts about India e-Visa:
- With the e-Visa facility travellers do not need to personally visit the embassy for their Visa application. Since it’s a completely online process you can apply for the e-Visa from the comfort of your home country.
- Currently India e-Visa is permitted for four categories like tourist, business, medical and medical attendant.
- It is valid for 60 days from the date of arrival in India. The e-Tourist and e-Business visa permit double entry, while the e-Medical and e-Medical Attendant visa permit triple entry.
- Upon arriving in India, travellers will have their biometric information taken at the airport.
- You can apply a minimum of 4 days and a maximum of 120 days before your flight to India. For example, if you plan to arrive on the 1st January, the first day you can apply is the 3rd September and the last day would be the 28th December.
- The e-Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible and can be availed for maximum of three times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December.
- If you intend to stay in India for longer than 60 days, want multiple entries or, are from one of the countries not included, you’ll need to apply for a traditional visa.
Am I Eligible for an India e-Visa?
- Passport holders of 166 countries can apply for an e-Visa for India.
- The India e-Visa is only valid for travellers visiting India for recreation, sightseeing, meeting friends or family, short duration medical treatment or a casual business visit.
- Your Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India with minimum of two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- Travellers must possess confirmed return air tickets and sufficient money to cover a stay period in India.
- Only applicable for Ordinary passport holders.
Who is not eligible for an India e-Visa?
- Travellers with Pakistani origin or holding a Pakistani passport. (In this case, apply for the traditional visa)
- Travellers holding a diplomatic or official passport and having a permanent residence or occupation in India.
Port of entry
The e-Visa is valid at designated 26 airports and 5 seaports as stated below. However, travellers can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India. If you’re not entering at any of the ports of entry listed below, you must apply for a traditional visa.
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, Chennai.
How to apply for an India e-Visa?
- You can apply for your e-Visa at akbartravels.com
- To complete your application online, we will only need your passport copy and a colour photograph with white background.
- Within 48 hours of your application, you will receive the ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) via email. The ETA will remain valid for 120 days from the date of approval (the e-visa itself will be valid for 60 days on entry, but the authorization to arrive is valid for 120 days from the date of approval).
- Don’t forget to print a copy of the ETA and carry it with you to India to present to the Immigration officer. The officer will stamp your passport with your e-Visa for entry into India, and this will be valid for the next 60 days. We advise you to keep a copy of your e-Visa at all times on your to India.
Explore India yourself.
Whether you’re among the lucky travelers now eligible for an e-Visa or not, India remains a fantastic and affordable destination year-round. Explore India with our best holiday Packages in India. Come to us to spend your Holidays in India & get familiar with ‘Incredible India’.
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights