From the very beginning of your trip at Singapore Changi Airport you will get a glimpse of what all the country has to offer. Singapore has a lot of stuff to offer with well known tourist destinations like Singapore Zoo, Marina Bay Sands, Sentosa island , Singapore Botanic Gardens, Universal Studios and the statue of Merlion, Singapore has attracted millions of tourists each year. You have to travel to Singapore to experience its culture, food and pristine beauty. However, before you plan to explore Singapore, you must apply for Singapore visa.
Applying for Singapore visa for Indians need not be confusing. Its a simple application and can be completed in a very short time. Read on to know more about the Singapore visa for Indians.
Singapore Visa Requirements and Eligibility:
The Singapore government wants to ensure that the applicant will return back to India after the end of their trip, so it is necessary to prove your strong ties with your home country. Strong ties can be in the form of family dependents, personal properties and assets, financial savings, current employment, etc. Applicants for Singapore visa in India must prove that they are a ‘genuine visitor’. This means:
- The applicant is genuinely seeking to enter Singapore for a limited time as mentioned in the application.
- The applicant will leave Singapore at the end of the trip.
- If visiting family & friends or for business purpose, the applicant has a genuine personal and professional relationship with the host.
- During the course of entire trip, the applicant can support themselves and any dependents (spouse, parents, children) with sufficient funds.
- The applicant has a stable and well established life in their home country.
Singapore Visa Types for Indians:
When you apply for Singapore visa online, you are issued an eVisa, meaning instead of a sticker and stamp on your physical passport, you will get an email containing your visa. Indian passport holders need to apply for Singapore visa from India, as Singapore visa on arrival is not applicable to Indians. Depending upon your reason to visit you can apply for any of the following Singapore visa for Indians –
- Singapore Tourist Visa – Issued for the purpose of sightseeing, tourism and visiting family and friends. You can’t work if you are issued this visa, however, you can attend short term courses (courses with duration less than 30 days) with this visa.
- Singapore Business Visa – Issued for the purpose of attending conferences, meetings, exhibitions, seminars or taking part in any other commercial activity. Singapore offers various types of business visa to foreigners who wish to stay and work in the country.
- Singapore Transit Visa – Transit visa allows you to pass through Singapore on your way to your destination or your own country. You need not apply for this if you don’t plan on entering Singapore and are in transit area at Singapore airport without crossing the immigration. However, as Indians are eligible for 96 hour visa free transit facility (VFTF) in Singapore, they have no need for it. You can read more about it here.
- Singapore Student Visa or Student Pass- Student visa in Singapore is called Student Pass. It allows foreign nationals to acquire education in Singapore. Students intending to attend a short course which will be completed in a month (30 days) need not apply for a student pass. To know more about Singapore Student visa, click here.
Singapore Visa Validity and Duration:
Both the tourist and business visa are multiple entry visa. They are valid for 02 years, and you can stay for 30 days maximum on each visit.
Singapore Visa fees:
The visa processing fee for Indians is INR 1,900 (SGD34). This fee is non refundable in any situation and is applicable when you apply for visa.
Singapore Visa for Indians takes around a week for processing. This excludes public holidays, the day of submission and weekends. However, it is advisable to apply for a Singapore visa online at least one month before your planned date of travel as some applications may take a longer time to process due to verification or requirement of additional documents.
Documents Required for Singapore Visa Application:
Depending upon your visa type, the list of documents required may change. Here are some of the documents that are needed for Singapore visa:
- An original passport (with two blank pages and minimum six months of validity remaining).
- Duly filled visa application form (print of eform 16 in case of students).
- 2 passport size colour photographs (Singapore visa photo size).
- Cover Letter stating the reason and purpose of visit (For employed applicants – on company letterhead and for self-employed applicants – on plain paper).
- Proof of funds (bank statement of last 03 months).
- Confirmed flight tickets (to and from Singapore).
- Proof of hotel reservations.
- Invitation letter (applicable for visiting friends & family, also for business visits).
- ID card from their respective school or university (incase of students).
- Birth Certificate incase the applicant is minor.
Application Process to Acquire Singapore Visa:
Applying for Singapore visa online is very hassle free. Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Based upon your purpose of trip, choose the relevant type of Singapore visa.
- Pay the Singapore visa fee & submit your documents online
- Receive your Singapore eVisa right in your inbox.
With vibrant culture, glorious sites, and countless other experiences, Singapore will surely capture your heart! The easy visa process is just a cherry on cake for travelers planning to visit Singapore.
Why Choose Akbar Travels?
Akbartravels.com is one of the few authorised agents appointed by the Singapore High Commission to process Singapore Visa application in India. We take care of everything from Singapore visa, to flight ticket and hotel bookings. We also have holiday packages that will fulfill your thirst of exploring this gorgeous city.
Feeling the urge to visit Singapore soon? Well what are you waiting for? Head over to Akbartravels.com and start planning your Singapore trip! We assure you, it will be an unforgettable experience!
- An Overview of the Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Singapore
- Why everyone should visit Singapore at least once in their lifetime
- Singapore Visa Online Guide for Indian Citizens
- Tips to get Singapore Visa Online for Indians
- Reasons for Singapore Visa Rejection
- Singapore Airlines & Changi Airport: World’s Best Airline & Airport
- Countries that offer E-Visas for Indian Passport Holders
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Flights To Singapore
Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Bangalore Singapore Flights | Hyderabad Singapore Flights
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights