Dubai has recently eased up visa rules for Indian citizens! Indians holding a normal passport valid for more than six months from the arrival date, and a Visit visa or Green card issued by the USA which is valid for a minimum of six months can obtain a Dubai Visa on Arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days. This means that Indians arriving in UAE border points, including airports and ports, can get a Dubai Visa as soon as they land in the country.
Requirements for obtaining a visa for Dubai vary depending on your nationality. Currently, GCC citizens do not require a visa to enter Dubai, and citizens of 33 other countries can get a Dubai Visa on Arrival in Dubai.
You can get a Dubai Visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days with a one-time extension. However, overstaying your visa will incur a Dh100 fine for every additional day the traveller stays in the country, in addition to a Dh200 departure permit.
The decision of Dubai Visa on Arrival for Indian was made in the light of the long-term strategic partnership between India and the UAE, wherein both nations are working upon promoting political, economic and trade interests between each other. Furthermore, this order strengthens UAE’s global status as a tourist and economic hub.
Eligibility for Dubai Visa on Arrival
Citizens of the Republic of India who are holders of normal passports with a six-month, or more, valid green card or visa issued by the United States of America shall be granted entry visas to the UAE from all ports.
The visa will be valid for 14 days, subject for a single renewal for the same period upon payment of applicable fees. Once the extension is made, travellers can stay for an additional 28 days.
Drawbacks for getting Dubai visa on arrival:
1. Shorter Visa validity: The Visa on arrival is only valid for 14 days. Hence not applicable for a stay of longer than 14 days.
2. Long waiting time at the airport for immigration, and longer passenger queues: Waiting at the Immigration counter to get your Dubai visa stamped can take anywhere between 30 minutes to 3 hours or even more. This can go worse during peak travel seasons.
3. Single entry Visa only: Not a good option for multiple entries into Dubai. Dubai VOA is usually valid only for single entry only.
4. Dynamic changing immigration Laws: Lack of updated information about the change in Dubai laws can be misleading and result in unpleasant delays or even deportation.
5. NO US Dollar currency accepted.
Extension of Dubai Visa on Arrival
If you need to extend your visa, you can do so for another 14 days by paying Dh 250.
While there are significant advantages of applying for a Dubai Visa on Arrival, the paucity of information on the web can lead to some grave implications on your travel plans. Banking on a Dubai Visa on Arrival option can be very risky. If you’re unclear on the information about Dubai Visa on Arrival and don’t want any glitches or hiccups in your trip, then it is best to apply for your Dubai Visa online before embarking on your trip.