Here’s your weekly dose of travel updates!
Check out the latest news and updates about the travel and tourism industry from around the world.
1. Air New Zealand Wins the ‘World’s Best Airline for 2023 Award’. The Airline will also weigh passengers before they board the airplane
- Australia based aviation safety and product rating agency AirlineRatings.com released its list of the ‘Best Airlines in the World for 2023’. Air New Zealand grabbed the top spot due to its innovative SkyNest lie flat economy beds concept which is set to launch in 2024.
- In other news, as a part of a month long survey, Air New Zealand has announced to weigh passengers before boarding. The airline plans to weigh 10,000 passengers to aid pilots get a better idea of the weight and balance of planes.
2. The Imperial New Delhi Awarded the ‘2023 Hotel of the Year – South Asia, Middle East and Africa Award’
It’s a moment of pride for Indians! After the Rambagh Palace in Jaipur won the ‘Best Hotel in the World’ award, The Imperial New Delhi was awarded the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Awards of Excellence ‘2023 Hotel of the Year – South Asia, Middle East and Africa’. The award was presented at the closing ceremony of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts 2023 Global Conference on May 19, 2023. Click here for best rates on your hotel stay, if you are tempted to check out these properties for their spectacular win.
3. Dubai Travel Updates:
- The futuristic development masterplan for Palm Jebel Ali which is twice as big as Palm Jumeirah was recently approved by the Ruler and Prime Minister of Dubai, Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum. The Palm Jebel Ali is a part of the 2040 Urban Master Plan which is expected to solidify Dubai’s status as one of the world’s top cities for business and tourism.
- Yas Island, Abu Dhabi the star attraction of our Abu Dhabi tour packages, announced the ‘Kids Go Free’ summer campaign. Under this campaign, a wide variety of leisure and entertainment activities will be available for free for kids.
- As a part of a policy change, the UAE removes the grace period for Dubai visit visas. Earlier, visitors holding a Dubai visa (UAE visa) were granted 10 days grace period after the last date of their visa validity to leave the country. Now, if anyone is found staying in the country after their visa is expired, they may be subjected to heavy fines.
- With the reopening of Dubai Crocodile Park, home to 250 Nile Crocodiles, our Dubai tour packages are even more in demand. . The 20,000 square meter facility is located right next to Mushrif Park and offers visitors a chance to feed crocodiles at various feeding stations.
4. Bali Issues a ‘Do’s and Dont’s’ List for Visitors
If you are planning a Bali trip in the upcoming days, then this update is for you. Wayan Koster, the Governor of Bali has announced a list of ‘do’s and don’ts’ for tourists in Bali. The decision was taken as an attempt to tame the disorderly behaviour of tourists on the island. The list includes guidelines about how to dress and behave in holy places, respecting the Balinese culture, etc.
5.Turkey Identifies 43 Diving Spots in the Black Sea Region
According to Demirören News Agency (DHA), a new project conducted as a part of studies at the Marine Science Faculty of Ordu University has identified 43 diving locations in Turkey’s Eastern Black Sea Region that are expected to improve tourism activities. The marine regions between the towns of Ünye in the Ordu province and Hopa in the eastern Artvin province which you can visit with our Turkey tour packages were the subject of this research.
Also read: How to get Turkey visa online
6.The EU Commission requests the Schengen Council to add Romania and Bulgaria to the Schengen Area this year
The EU Commission has requested the Schengen Council to add Romania and Bulgaria as full members of the Schengen Area in 2023. The discussion and final decision upon this request will be taken on June 8, 2023, at the 2nd Schengen Council Meeting. If all goes well and the request is granted, you may soon be able to visit 29 Schengen countries (including Romania and Bulgaria) with a Schengen visa.
Also read: Tips to get Schengen visa for Indians
7. Indigenously Built Modern Coaches to be Added to Kalka Shimla Railway a UNESCO World Heritage Site
The 120 year old Kalka-Simla Railway will receive stylish new locally made coaches, each with a mini pantry and bio-toilets, for the first time since it was put into service. The Moghalpura Workshop, which is now a part of Pakistan Railway, produced coach designs for the Kalka-Simla Railway (KSR), a UNESCO World Heritage Site, over a century ago.
8.To Boost Gender Equality, ‘Aai Tourism’ Policy Approved by Maharashtra
Under the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ the Maharashtra Cabinet has approved the ‘Aai Tourism’ Policy. Under the Directorate of Tourism, a Women Tourism Policy Cell will be created for the implementation of the Aai Policy along with implementing a 5 point programme that focuses on promoting Women Entrepreneurs, the safety of women travellers, creating accommodations for women, customise products for women and provide discounts to female tourists. That’s not all, the Cabinet also gave a green flag to start bike-taxi services operated by women at selective tourist destinations.
9. Uttarakhand’s Valley of Flowers Open to Visitors
On June 1, 2023, 40 visitors from all over the country visited Chamoli’s famous Valley of Flowers which is a key highlight of our Uttarakhand tour packages. Sadly due to unpredictable weather patterns, this year the trek route was blocked by recent avalanches at two sites, making it challenging for tourists to visit earlier.
10. To enhance Tourism and Physical Connectivity, India and Nepal Sign Pacts
With a focus on improving physical connectivity and working together in the power and tourism sectors, several agreements have been signed between India and Nepal. After their bilateral meeting, Prime Minister Modi said that new rail links have been established to increase physical connectivity between India and Nepal, along with a long-term power trade agreement.
11.Gorakhpur to be Developed as a Water Sports Hub
After the success of the ‘Khelo India University Games’ rowing competition at Ramgarh Tal and the water sports complex in Gorakhpur, Gorakhpur will be developed into a water sports hub. In order to achieve this goal, the state’s Sports Department will be establishing a Rowing Training Academy under the guidance of CM Yogi and in collaboration with the Rowing Federation of India (RFI).
12.Jammu’s First Tirupati Balaji Temple to Open for Pilgrims from June 8, 2023
Located in Majeen amid the picturesque Shivalik forests, the Tirupati Balaji Temple in Jammu is expected to be open for pilgrims on June 8, 2023. A new inclusion in our Jammu and Kashmir tour packages, the temple is the 6th Balaji Temple to be constructed outside of Andhra Pradesh. The other 5 temples are in Hyderabad, Chennai, Kanyakumari, Delhi, and Bhubaneshwar.
13. Special Permits no longer required for Indian Tourists to Visit Siachen Glacier Base Camp
According to the Ladakh Tourism Department, Indian tourists are now free to visit the civil tourist facility close to Siachen Base Camp. The Sicahen Glacier region is the ‘World’s Longest Glacier’ and the ‘World’s Highest Battlefield’ and special permits were required earlier to visit. Due to military tensions in the past, the Indian military, which is in charge of the Siachen Glacier region had closed the region for all tourism related activities.
14. Free Unlimited Wifi for all Economy Cabins of Singapore Airlines from July 1, 2023
Starting from July 1, 2023, passengers travelling in Economy and Premium economy class aboard Singapore Airlines can enjoy free unlimited inflight wifi. However, only Singapore Airlines rewards programme (KrisFlyer) members can enjoy this service. Currently, all Suites, First and Business class passengers enjoy free unlimited wifi service regardless of their membership status.
15.Vistara Launches Non Stop Mumbai London Flights
Vistara has begun operating non stop flights from Mumbai to London. The airline will operate these non stop flights five days a week providing its passengers with a seamless journey between the 2 major cities of the world.
With so much to see and experience in the world who wouldn’t be excited to travel? Head over to Akbartravels.com and find solutions to all your worries related to visa applications, flight tickets, and hotel bookings. What else? We have the best budget holiday packages available to make your holiday truly peaceful.
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights