It takes a special kind of person to jump out of airplanes. At 10000 feet. For fun.
Then again, when you’re addicted to adventure, silly things like self-preservation hardly matter. Which is why we bring you The Adrenaline Junkie’s Guide to Skydiving in Dubai. We give you everything you need to know about the sport and show you what makes Dubai the best place to try it.
Skydiving in Dubai like a Pro
Skydiving can feel daunting. It’s not every day that you fling yourself from a height of 13000 feet with only a piece of cloth to save you from certain death. Its normal to be nervous but with our quick and dirty tips, you will jump off like a pro. Guaranteed.
- Dress down: Wear comfortable clothes for your jump with laced sneakers. Avoid button-up shirts that can open when you’re hurtling down to the ground, and high heels, unless you want your tandem partner to lose an eye.
- Don’t go hungry: Skydiving can take a while so its best to eat a good breakfast before you head to the campus. Notice we say “good” which means scarfing down the hotel breakfast buffet is probably not a great idea.
- Carry ID: Don’t forget to bring your photo id and passport when you go to skydive. Remember you must be at least 18 years old to do it.
- Known your limits: The BMI and weight requirements are as follows: Women – 90 kgs (198 lbs) or less. Maximum BMI 27.5. Men – 100 kgs (220.5 lbs) or less. Maximum BMI 30.
- Wait it out: Skydiving in Dubai, like in other destinations, is hugely dependant on favourable weather. Keep an entire day for skydiving while planning your Dubai holiday. If you’re unsure of how to go about your Dubai travel planning, get in touch with an expert.
How to Skydive in Dubai
There’s more than one way to get your adrenaline pumping in Dubai. The desert oasis is fast becoming the adventure sports mecca of the world with tons and tons of activities for you to choose from. Here are the two ways you can defy gravity by skydiving in Dubai.
Starting Price: 2199 AED
Outdoor skydiving is what you think of when you hear the word skydiving. You fly up and airplane and jump off wearing a parachute. That’s it.
Starting Price: 220 AED
Indoor Skydiving involves a flight chamber with a vertical wind tunnel at the bottom. The fans in the wind tunnel create an awesome column of air that lets you fly just like you would while skydiving outdoors. This one’s perfect if you’re afraid of heights but still want to experience the thrill of skydiving.
Where to Skydive in Dubai
All outdoor skydiving activities in Dubai are managed by Skydive Dubai. The company offers you two drop zones, one in the dessert and one over the Persian Gulf.
Palm Drop Zone
The Palm Drop Zone is one of the glitziest skydiving sites in the world. When your jumping over the Palm Jumeirah past the Burj al Arab, Dubai Marina, Atlantis, the Palm and other landmarks, glitzy doesn’t begin to cover it.
Desert Campus Drop Zone
The Desert Campus Drop Zone lets you skydive over the golden Arabian Desert. The campus itself is located a short drive from the city on the highway to Al Ain. The campus even has a school that will put you on your way to becoming a professional skydiver. Not bad as far as careers go.
iFly Dubai is the premier destination for indoor skydiving in Dubai. Located in Playmania in the Midrif City Centre, iFly offers flyer packages that include VR. These virtual reality experiences let you feel like you’re diving over the world’s most beautiful places.