Indian travellers planning a trip to Singapore are required to apply for a Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to enter Singapore. The Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) between India and Singapore is a process to facilitate two-way travel by individuals who are full vaccinated. With the VTL pass, eligible vaccinated travellers can enjoy quarantine-free entry to Singapore. Instead of serving quarantines, VTL travelers from India will have to take Covid-19 tests before departure and on-arrival.
What is VTL?
VTL has been introduced to allow fully vaccinated travellers from India to enter into another country without quarantine, subject to COVID-19 testing and further requirements as determined by Singapore. In other words, Indians arriving in Singapore with a VTL do not need to quarantine for 7 days, they can directly step out of the airport and carry on with their journey (after a negative PCR Test result), provided they meet all the VTL requirements.
On Nov 21, Singapore reached an agreement with India to resume passenger flights between the two countries under Singapore’s Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) programme. Under the VTL, India will operate six designated VTL flights daily from Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai. Travellers arriving from other Indian cities on a non-VTL flight have to undergo a 7-day quarantine at the declared place of accommodation in Singapore.
Apart from India, the following countries can enter Singapore with a VTL: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Canada, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Maldives, the Netherlands, the Republic of Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Important Guidelines for VTL travellers:
- Only fully vaccinated travellers can apply for a Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), which allows entry into Singapore for any travel purpose, without quarantine requirements.
- Purpose of travel can be for short term visit (including business and official travellers), or holders of Long-Term Passes (i.e. Long-Term Visit Pass, Student’s Pass, Work Pass or Dependent’s Pass).
- The VTL application is free of charge. There is no fee.
- The VTL pass is valid for single entry up to 6 calendar days after the traveller’s chosen date of entry. For instance, if your travel date is 10th January, you can enter Singapore anytime between 10th January to till 16th January with the VTL pass and stay for up to 30 days. If there is a change in your travel date, you will need to reapply for a new VTL.
- VTL travellers must have remained in India or any other VTL countries in the last 14 consecutive days prior to departure to Singapore.
- Unvaccinated children aged 12 years and below do not need to apply for a VTL pass to enter Singapore. However, they must comply with all other VTL conditions and be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult traveller.
- All VTL travellers (including children below 12 years) must take two COVID-19 PCR tests – a pre-departure test within two days (48 hours) before departing for Singapore, and another test upon arrival at Singapore Changi airport. Children aged 2 years and below are not required to take undergo these tests.
- The VTL pass is a mandatory requirement for the Singapore visa application, therefore travelers who require a visa for travel to Singapore should apply for their Singapore visa only after their VTL is approved. Applicants first need to apply for the VTL.
- While no quarantine is required for VTL passengers, travellers must arrange for accommodation for self-isolation while waiting for the on-arrival PCT result. Accommodation can be in the form of a hotel or serviced apartment. The address of self-isolation should be shared with the Singapore authorities on arrival at the airport.
- After taking the on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test at Changi Airport, travellers are to immediately take private transportation, taxi, or private hire car from the airport to their declared place of accommodation and stay there till the PCR test results are out. The test results will be out within 24 hours. After being notified of their negative on-arrival test results, travellers will be allowed to go about their activities in Singapore.
- Eligible passengers who intend to travel to Singapore with a VTL pass must ensure that they book Mumbai / Delhi / Chennai to Singapore return ticket on designated VTL flights only.
- There is no need to apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass if you are transiting in Singapore from a VTL flight.
- Short-term travellers are required to purchase travel insurance for the entire duration of their stay, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs and must carry an electronic or physical copy of their insurance policy to facilitate their entry into Singapore.
- To facilitate the contact tracing process, short-term visitors will be required to download and register for the TraceTogether app on their mobile devices prior to departing for Singapore. They must keep the TraceTogether app activated during their stay in Singapore and must retain the app with the data on their mobile devices for 21 consecutive days after departing Singapore.
How to apply for Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL):
If you are travelling from India to Singapore, here’s how to apply for your Vaccinated Travel Pass:
- Visit the official website of Singapore Government Agency mysafetravel page.
- Select Create New VTP Application.
- Enter your name and active email address. An OTP will be generated.
- Enter the OTP and captcha.
- Enter your travel details – departure country, country of Issuance of proof of vaccination and intended date of travel.
- Enter personal traveller details – type of visitor (short term Visitor or Singapore long term pass holder), name as per passport, passport no, passport expiry date, nationality, date of birth, gender type, mobile no, email address, self-isolation address, name of Hotel/serviced apartment and postal code.
- Click on save the details.
- Upload your Vaccination QR Code or Certificate for electronic verification and authentication of their vaccination status.
- A checklist will appear for you to answer accordingly. Check the appropriate boxes as applicable and click on submit.
- A page will appear with all your details. Click on confirm.
- Applicants will receive a notification email from the MySafeTravel portal once the vaccination certificate is successfully verified.
Note: Keep the below documents ready for VTL online application:
- COVID-19 Vaccination certificate
- Passport details
- Email and mobile device for OTP authentication
At the Singapore Changi airport, ensure the below documents are at hand:
- Valid Singapore Visa
- Return Air Ticket
- VTL Vaccinated Travel Lane Pass (VTL pass)
- Digital Vaccination Certificate
- Negative pre-departure COVID-19 PCR Test result
- Mobile device with the the TraceTogether app already downloaded and with your profiles registered on the app.
- Travel insurance, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs.
- Self-isolation address details till the on-arrival PCR tests are out.
- Hotel address or if visiting relatives or friends, details of the place you’ll be staying during your trip. (keep it handy, in case asked)
We’ve tried to cover everything you need to know about the VTL application for Indians. If you need more detailed information, kindy refer to the Safe Travel Website.
For all your visa worries, visit Akbartravels.com.