A visit to United Kingdom heads the bucket list of most travelers. With its tourist friendly vibe and a jaw-dropping array, people from all over the world wish to visit the UK to see and experience its rich cultural pursuits. Undoubtedly, the country is one of the most visited destinations. However, the great hurdle that stands between fulfilling this bucket list is the hectic task of putting together the application of UK Visa for Indians.
THE UK VISA APPLICATION PROCESS:
Easy Tips to get UK Visa for Indians:
- You can apply for a UK visa only three (3) months prior to your intended date of travel.
- There are different types of UK Visa that can be divided into UK tourist and short stay visas, UK business visas, UK work visas, UK student visas, transit visas and so on. The eligibility criteria differs for all these visa types.
- The requirements for UK visitor visa varies depending on which category you wish to apply for your upcoming visit to the UK.
- The UK Visa is called as Standard Visitor Visa and allows people to enter the UK for several reasons. This includes tourism, and leisure purposes, visiting friends or relatives; as well as short term business activities, academic conferences, participating in sporting events or creative/artistic work, and receiving medical treatment in the UK.
- A UK Standard Visitor Visa is usually valid for six (6) months and allows multiple entries to the United Kingdom. You can stay for maximum up to six (6) months only. You can apply for a longer-term UK Visa if you need to frequently to the UK. These long term UK Visas are valid for two (2), five (5) and ten (10) years and allow multiple entries with a stay of six (6) months on each trip.
- All UK Visa applicants must be able to provide a valid passport with two blank pages for visa stamping. Other essential documents required for the UK Visa are the application form, appointment letter confirmation, bank statements, income tax returns, letter of employment, business proof, itinerary details and so forth.
- The UK Visa application does not require a confirmed flight or hotel booking to be submitted along with the visa application. You can provide a tentative flight itinerary.
- You need apply for a visa online. The application process involves filling the visa form, paying the visa fee and scheduling a visa appointment online and thereafter visiting the Visa application center (VFS Global) for submitting the visa file.
- The UK Visa fee varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for and where you are applying from.
- You will need to visit a UK visa application center in person where you will need to enroll your fingerprints (biometrics) and facial image and submit your documents. Travel Agents are not allowed to submit the visa file on behalf of the applicant.
- The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) offers a number of optimal services to make it even quicker and easier for customers to apply, including a Priority Visa and Super Priority Visa Service to speed up their application. These express visa applications are subject to the same checks and decision-making process as all other applications but are handled by UKVI at the highest priority and processed within 5 working days.
- The UK visa processing times vary according to UK visa type and where you are applying from. The standard processing time is 15 working days which can go up to 60 days depending upon individual cases.