A visit to United Kingdom heads the wish list of most travelers. With its tourist friendly vibe and a jaw-dropping array, people from all over the world visit the UK to see and experience its rich cultural pursuits. The country is one of the most visited destinations. However, the great hurdle that stands between your aspirations is the hectic task of putting together the application of UK Visa for Indians.
Here are the tips to get UK visa for Indians without any hassles:
- You can apply for a UK visa only 3 months prior to your intended date of travel.
- There are various different types of UK Visa that can be broken down into tourist and short stay visas, business visas, work visas, student visas, transit visas and so on. The eligibility criteria differs for all these visa types.
- The requirements for UK visitor visa varies depending on which category should you wish to apply for your upcoming visit to the UK.
- The UK Visa is called as Standard Visitor Visa and allows people to enter the UK for several reasons. This includes travel, tourism, and leisure purposes, visiting friends or relatives; as well as short term business appointments, academic conferences, participating in sporting events or creative/artistic work, and receiving private medical treatment in the UK.
- A UK Standard Visitor Visa is usually valid for 6 months and allows multiple entries to the UK. You can stay for maximum up to 6 months only. You can apply for a longer-term UK Visa if you travel regularly to the UK. These UK Visas are valid for 2, 5 or 10 years and allow multiple entries for up to 6 months stay on each trip.
- All UK Visa applicants must be able to provide a Valid Travel Document (passport). Other vital documents required for the UK Visa are the application form, appointment letter confirmation, photographs, bank statements, income tax returns, letter of employment, business proof, itinerary details etc.
- UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) does not require a flight or hotel booking to be submitted along with the visa application. You can print out a proposed travel flight itinerary here and a proposed hotel booking here.
- You need apply for a visa online using the Visa4UK system. The application process involves filling the visa form online, scheduling appointment and paying the visa fee online.
- After filling out your online application using the link I mentioned above, you can now pay your UK visa fee online. The UK Visa fee varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for and where you are applying from.
- You will need to visit a UK visa application centre in person where you will need to enrol your fingerprints (biometrics) and facial image and submit your documents. Travel Agents are not allowed to submit the visa file on behalf of the applicant.
- UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) offers a number of optimal services to make it even quicker and easier for customers to apply, including a Priority Visa and Super Priority Visa Service to speed up their application. These express visa applications are subject to the same checks and decision-making process as all other applications but are handled by UKVI at the highest priority and processed within 5 working days.
- UK visa processing times vary according to UK visa type and where you are applying from. The standard processing time is 15 working days which can go up to 60 days depending upon individual cases.
Applying for your UK Visa is a big part of the visa application process. Use our guidance to learn about visas and to make the process as smooth as possible.