It’s a dream of many to visit the United States of America but hesitate doing so due to the strict visa requirements. Nevertheless, the American dream is about to come true cause Akbar Travels is here to help you put together a solid application that will get your US Visa approved successfully. All that remains is booking a flight and packing your bags!
US VISA APPLICATION PROCESS:
Here are some tips and tricks to help make your US Visa application process smooth and successful:
- There are different types of USA visas that apply to individuals depending on their mission and purpose of travel to the USA. The type of visa you must obtain is defined by the US immigration law. There are two main categories of US Visas:
- Nonimmigrant visas – For travel to the United States on a temporary basis.
- Immigrant visas – To live permanently in the United States.
- Anyone wishing to enter the US temporarily for business, pleasure or medical treatment has to qualify for a US Visitor visa. There are two types of Visitor Visas:
- Business Visitor Visa (B1) – You should apply for business visitor visa if you plan to travel to the US for a business convention or a seminar, negotiate contracts, meet with business associates, buy or sell an estate. Personal and domestic employees should/ apply for this type of visa if they are accompanying their employer who is a US citizen based abroad and visiting the US temporarily or if they are accompanying a foreign citizen employer who is in the US on a non-immigrant visa.
- Pleasure, Tourism or Medical Treatment (B2) – You should apply for this kind of visa if you plan to travel to the US to visit friends or relatives, or with tourist purposes, for medical treatment, or to participate as an amateur in musical and sports events for which you will receive no payment.
- The US visa fee costs USD 160 which must be paid either online or by visiting the bank.
- Each visit stay will be determined and governed by the Immigration officials at the Port of Entry in USA. The US Visas are issued for up to 10 years and one can generally stay for a period of 6 months, but an additional maximum extension of 6 months can be granted based on the USCIS approval.
- The process of the US visa application is as follows:
- Complete DS-160 application online
- Pay your Application Fee
- Schedule Visa Interview (Two appointments)
- Compile the Document File
- On first appointment submit Biometrics & Digital Photo
- On second appointment attend the Visa Interview
- To be granted a US visa, you must be able to prove that; your visit is only temporary, you have enough money to cover all your expenses during your stay and you have binding ties that ensure your return to your country.
- Important Documents needed for the US Visa Application are:
- Application Form DS-160, completed and submitted
- Current valid Passport & old Passports (if any)
- Recent coloured Photograph (2X2 in size)
- Application fees
- Occupation Proof (Leave letter, School/College certificate)
- Evidence of funds to cover your expenses in the United States
- Evidence of compelling social and economic ties to Thailand
- Other supporting documents such as Invitation letter, business visit proof, event brochure, wedding invitation card etc
- The good part about a US visa application is that you don’t have to show confirmed flight and hotel bookings.
- In order to pay a visa application fee and schedule an interview appointment, you will first need to create a profile online. Once the application fee payment has been made and the receipt number has been activated in your profile, you can schedule your appointment. After choosing your appointment date and time, please print out your confirmation letter and carry it with you for your interview.
- Visa applicants are now required to make two appointments:
- To submit their fingerprints (biometrics) and digital photo prior to their interview date.
- The second appointment is at the US Embassy for a visa interview with a Consular Official.
- The US visa will not be issued on the day of your interview. However, you will be immediately informed about the visa decision after your interview. Provided the visa is approved at the time of the visa interview, most applicants receive their visas in about seven days from their interviews. However, we do not guarantee that every case will be processed in the seven days time frame. During the peak tourist season (summer and winter months), waiting times may be as long as four weeks.
- Longer processing time may also be required in the following situations:
- In cases where the applicant has failed to submit all the required elements of an application;
- In cases where the Consular officer requires additional information from the applicant; and
- In cases where the case requires additional administrative processing.
- Make sure to carefully prepare your visa application because all applications will be under strict review. Generally, applicants must carry their completed DS-160 and their appointment confirmation to the interview appointment. Moreover, they must prove their connections to their home country (not the USA), e.g. proof of employment and private relationships as well as proof of your intent to return home. Applicants should also carry documents supporting the purpose of their stay like a travel itinerary or a business convention invitation.
- It is possible to check the US visa status online. For the US visa status of your visa application made within the last 12 months, you must visit Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) online.
- The interview usually only takes a few minutes. It’s a make or break! Promptly after that, you will be told whether or not you are granted a US VISA.
- There are many reasons why you may face a US Visa denial. The US Embassy or Consulate will not issue your visa if they find you ineligible under section 214(b) of the US immigration and nationality act but that does not mean you are out of options. It is important that you understand why you were denied and fix the errors before you reapply.
- And lastly a visa does not guarantee your entry into the USA. A United States Customs and Border Protection officer has the final say on whether you can enter the USA or not.
We have provided an overview of the most important nonimmigrant US Visas so that you are aware of the dos and don’ts when applying for the US Visa correctly.
If you are looking at planning a trip anytime soon, then you have come to the right place. Where do you begin? What’s step one? Which are the best hotels? What US Itinerary is best suited for you? Which are the best flight options? How soon should I plan? It’s easy to get overwhelmed, especially when you haven’t done something like this before. But, look no further? Akbartravels.com has you covered.
Have you tried getting a US Visa? How was your experience? Share it with us in the comment section below!
Read more about US Visas:
- US Visa for Indians: Visa Types, Application Process & Fees
- Types of US Visas – Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visas
- Step by Step guide to US Visa application
- How to apply for a US Visa
- Procedure to renew a US Visa
- List of countries you can visit on a valid US Visa
- Everything you need to know about US Visa
- Tips to pass the US Visa interview
- The US visa application process
- Reasons for US Visa rejection
- Know what to expect at the US Visa interview
- US transit visa application and requirements
- How to apply for US Student Visa
- US Visa interview questions and answers