Thailand has emerged as one of the most favorable places to visit for Indians. Summer all year-long, tropical beaches, breathtaking islands, big city life & party in Bangkok, incredible street food and so much more. The reasons to visit Thailand are never-ending. Whether you’re travelling to or simply in transit; it is worth making a pit stop into the land of smiles! And all you’ll need is a Thailand Visa. Unlike other countries, Thailand has quite a relaxed visa policy and a simple process in place. We give you all the information you need to know about getting a Thailand Transit visa.
Transit visas are issued for travelers passing through Thailand to an onward destination. This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the following purposes:
- to travel in transit through Thailand in order to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country (category “TS”)
- to participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.) (category “S”)
- the person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category “C”)
Documents required for the Thailand Transit visa application:
- Passport with validity not less than 6 months and two opposite blank pages
- Visa Application Form completely filled in and signed by applicant
- Checklist signed by the applicant
- Two recent photographs of the applicant as per the specification
- Confirm Flight tickets for the onward destination stating different ports of departure and destination (Unless the travel purpose is to participate in sport activities or crews, confirmed air tickets shall be in and out of Thailand).
- Visa of a third country (where the applicant will travel to after Thailand)
- Evidence of adequate finance in the form of cash, forex or credit card copy ($700 per person and $1400 per family)
- Letter of invitation stating the application’s participation in sports activities in the Kingdom (In case of non-professional juvenile sport players visiting Thailand for sport competition)
- Other documents as may be requested by Consular officers in addition to the documents above. Please note that Consular officers reserve the right to require additional documents, or an interview, as deemed necessary, without prior notice. The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right not to accept any visa application whereby any required document is absent.
Period of stay and Validity:
The Thailand Transit visa is issued for a validity of 3 months. Holders of a Transit visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of 30 days only.
If you leave Thailand before your visa has expired and intend to return but do not have a re-entry permit, you must apply for a new visa. In such cases, its best to apply for a double entry transit visa. Crossing of borders is considered an exit for immigration purposes, whether or not the exit is controlled, and returning to Thailand from such trips is a new entry requiring proper visas or re-entry permits.
The Thailand Transit visa processing takes up to 4 days after the submission of the documents to the Embassy. However, there can be a delay, if there is any further verification required on the submitted documents.
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you intend to travel. You should apply no later than 15 working days in advance. 3Therefore, we advise you to plan your trip accordingly.
A transit visa may be extended for 7 to 10 days depending on your nationality. Such extensions require a government fee of Baht 1,900 for processing. Those who wish to extend their visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer
Also Read: All About Thailand Student Visa
You must also submit the following documents for extension:
- Passport with validity of minimum 6 months
- One ID photo (2 inches square)
- Statement of reasons for requesting an extension
Are you considering a vacation to Thailand? Whatever your preference is, we take care of all your travel needs; from getting your visa, flights, hotels booked to crafting the best holiday package for you.
Read more about Thailand Visas:
- Tips to get Thailand Visa for Indians
- Common Reasons for Thailand Visa Rejection
- How to apply for Thailand Visa for Indians
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Flights To Thailand
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights