Thailand is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, attracting approx. 15 – 20 million visitors every year and has emerged as one of the most sought-after destinations to visit for Indians making it possible to have a lavish holiday at affordable rates; Thailand is on the list of travelers of all kinds and ages as it has something in store for everyone. From bachelors to families, everyone in India now fancies a visit to Thailand. For most, it is their first holiday abroad. In order to explore this paradise, you will need a Thailand Visa.
You must be wondering about the easiest way to get a Thailand visa. Unlike some other countries, Thailand has quite a relaxed visa policy and a simple process in place. There are two ways for getting a Thailand Visa either to apply for the visa from India before departure or opt for a Visa on arrival. Depending on the purpose of your visit and duration of stay (be it study, seeking business opportunities, wanting to work or just for a holiday), you should accordingly apply for the specific Visa type.
Thailand Visa on Arrival
Indians who wish to visit Thailand for tourism purpose, for a period not exceeding 15 days can obtain a visa (Visa on Arrival) from the designated channels of Immigration checkpoints in Thailand that provide facilities for issuance of the aforementioned visa. For other travel purposes exceeding 15 days, you will need to apply for your visa before travel in your home country. This service is available 24*7 at 6 major international airports in Thailand;
1. Phuket International Airport
2. Don Muang Airport, Bangkok
3. Suvarnabhumi International Airport
4. Samui Airport, Surat Thani
5. Chiang Mai International Airport
6. Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
How do I get a Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Let’s say you are arriving at one of the designated Visa on Arrival points in Thailand mentioned above. You’d be required to fill up the Thailand visa form and submit it at the immigration counter. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the time of application of Thailand visa. Also, make sure that your passport contains two blank pages so that it can be stamped on entering and exiting Thailand when your Thai visa is granted.
Please bear in mind that the Immigration officer has the final say on granting your visa. So be in your best behavior and equipped with all the necessary documents. The Visa on Arrival application fee is 2000 Baht per person which has to be paid in Baht currency only. Depending on the number of tourists applying for Visa on Arrival, the process could take anytime between 10 minutes to up to 4 hours. The processing time can be longer during peak travel season.
Documents required for Thailand Visa on Arrival for Indian tourists
- Passport with minimum six months validity
- Boarding pass
- A dully filled Visa-on-Arrival application form. (available at immigration checkpoints)
- A completed arrival card distributed by the airline staff before landing in Thailand
- A verifiable proof of address in Thailand (Hotel/ Apartment) as applicable. If visiting friends or relative provide Invitation letter & Thai ID proof
- One recent passport size photograph
- A confirmed return ticket showing that you are flying out of Thailand within 15 days of entry. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc are not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand
- Proof of funds amounting to living expenses in Thailand ie. 10000 Baht per person and 20000 Baht for a family. This can be in the form of actual cash or a credit card. Bank account statements showing money in the account are also usually accepted
- Visa on Arrival fee 2000 Baht
Disadvantages of Thailand Visa on Arrival
- Long waiting queues at the airport which can be tiring and time-consuming. The Visa process may take up to 4 hours, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- VOA is usually valid for single entry with a shorter visa validity of 15 days only. Not recommended for multiple entries into the country.
- Not a good option for transit, especially when you take two different flights of two different airlines. In such cases, you will be forced to take a longer layover flight to process your Visa at the airport.
- Need to have all documents in order, failure of which may delay the visa process even further.
- VOA is only valid for tourism purpose.
- Visitors who enter with Thailand Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from traveling, etc. for which special requests will have to be made to the consulate.
Applying for your Thailand Visa from India
The other visa option is applying from India. Also if you wish to live in Thailand for more than 15 days, you will need to apply for the Visa before your travel.
Applying for your Thailand Visa through us will be a 3 to 4 day’s process and cost you cheaper. It is highly advisable to process your visa through us as we will take care of your complete visa process right from getting your documents ready to stamping of your visa.
Visa Applying Process:
Apply for your Thailand Visa through Akbar Travels in three simple steps:
- Visit our website Akbartravels.com and submit your application online;
- Get your documents picked by us from the comfort of your home or place of convenience;
- Receive Visa at your doorsteps.
Documents required to apply for a Thailand Visa through us
- Passport with minimum validity of 6 months.
- Visa application form.
- One recent colour photograph.
- Confirmed return flight ticket.
- Hotel booking or Invitation letter with an ID card.
- Proof of financial means (20,000 baht per person/40,000 baht per family).
- Visa fee.
Validity & stay period of Visa
A tourist/business visa can be used to stay in Thailand for up to 30 or 60 days and can be extended by an additional 30 days at the nearest Immigration office in Thailand.
The processing time for a Thai visa is subject to change. A Thai visa’s processing time depends very much on the type of visa, the nationality of the person applying, the time of year and other variables. The visa is generally processed within 4 working days of submission. Therefore, it is advised that applicants start the application process well in advance of their scheduled trip. You should ideally apply for your visa at least 10 days prior to your travel date.
How much does a Thai tourist/business Visa cost?
The visa fee will depend upon the type of visa applied for. Generally the Tourist visa will cost you approx. INR 3,399/- whereas a Business visa will cost approx. INR 5,998/-.
Extending your Stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their status of visa must file an application for permission at the immigration office. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
While there are significant advantages of applying for Visa on Arrival, the lack of information online can lead to some grave implications on your travel plans. Applying for the VOA can be risky. If you are on a budget, unclear on the information about VOA and don’t want any glitches on your trip, then its best to apply for your Thailand Visa beforehand itself. It could save you some serious hassles later, should anything unexpected happen. Save the trouble and delay on arrival.
Read more about Thailand Visas:
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Flights To Thailand
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights