Malaysia is one country which is very popular among Indian tourists. From the cosmopolitan city of Kuala Lumpur, to the cool heights of Genting Highlands; Malaysia is truly a visitor’s paradise. Located in the heart of South-East Asia, it has a vibrant combination of modern cities with lush green forest, theme parks, nightclubs and exotic beaches, coupled with a daily dose of its own festivals, food, music, art and fashion; Malaysia is truly an image of Asia. To all the countries that Indians travel to, Malaysia tops the list! The main reason behind this are the availability of cheap flight tickets and ease of getting a Malaysia Visa. The government of Malaysia has made a lot of efforts to simplify the access to Indians tourists. You can now apply for your Malaysia Visa online and you will receive it in the comfort of your home within 48 hours.
What are the different types of Malaysia Visa for Indians?
There are two ways to get a Malaysia Visa for Indians, either electronically (online) with an eNTRI / eVisa or by submitting the physical documents to the Malaysian Visa application centers (offline). You can get a Malaysia eVisa with a validity of 30 days or Malaysia eVisa / eNTRI with a validity of 15 days. The main advantage of the Malaysia eVisa / eNTRI over the sticker visa is that it is easier and faster to obtain, as it is processed online with minimum document requirement. As a result, it saves a lot of time that one would spend on visa applications at the Malaysian Embassy.
How to get an eNTRI for Malaysia?
The process to apply for a Malaysia Visa for Indians is very simple. The easiest and most fastest way to apply for a Malaysia visa for Indians is via the Electronic Travel Registration & Information (eNTRI) facility. The eNTRI is an online registration facility provided by the government of Malaysia to facilitate the entry of Indians into Malaysia under the visa waiver program. On successful application of the eNTRI, you will receive a note which must be presented upon arrival into Malaysia. The note is not a visa, but only a document declaring that you are eligible for a visa waiver program.
Also Read: Reasons for Malaysia Visa Rejection
Conditions for applying for an eNTRI:
- Travellers must enter Malaysia from India, Singapore, Thailand or Brunei only and the return must also be from Malaysia to India, Singapore, Thailand or Brunei.
- Malaysia eNTRI note is valid for a single journey not exceeding 15 days.
- You must enter Malaysia within 3 months from its approval date.
- The purpose of travel must be tourism only.
- This program is valid for Indians residing in India and abroad (excluding Singapore).
- No extension is allowed in case of an eNTRI application.
- Travellers cannot re-enter Malaysia for the next three months using the eNTRI program once the eNTRI has expired.
- There are certain points through which travelers can enter or exit Malaysia as listed below. You cannot enter Malaysia by water (cruise / ferry) on an eNTRI note.
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang (KLIA & KLIA 2)
- Penang International Airport, Penang
- Langkawi International Airport, Kedah
- Melaka International Airport, Melaka
- Senai International Airport, Johor
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Miri International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
How to apply for a Malaysia eVisa?
The Malaysia eVisa is an official electronic document, an alternative form of Malaysia visa for Indians. The process is very similar to the eNTRI application and is completely processed online. Once the eVisa is processed, you will receive the electronic Malaysia visa on email which should be presented on arrival in Malaysia.
Features of the Malaysia eVisa for Indians:
- The eVisa holder is entitled to stay for a maximum period of 30 days only.
- It is valid for a single & multiple entry journey and for use within three months from the date of approval.
- There are no restrictions on the entry & exit points, unlike the eNTRI which has certain restrictions on the entry / exit points of Malaysia.
- The eVisa is only valid for tourism purpose.
What is the cost to apply for Malaysia Visa for Indians?
The cost of applying for a Malaysia Visa for Indians is starting from ₹1,999/-. For more information on the Malaysia visa fees click here
Applying for your Malaysia Visa with akbartravels.com in 3 simple steps:
1. Visit akbartravels.com and submit your details online.
2. Share your documents over email or whatsapp.
3. Receive your Malaysia eVisa / eNTRI note via email within 48 hours. Simply take a print out to be presented on arrival in Malaysia.
What are the documents to be presented on arrival in Malaysia?
The Immigration officer at the Malaysia airport may request for the below documents for verification:
- Valid Passport;
- Malaysia eVisa / eNTRI Note;
- Boarding Pass;
- Confirmed air tickets coming in and leaving Malaysia;
- Sufficient funds (to cover the expenses during your stay in Malaysia via Cash/Credit Cards/ATM Cards);
- Complete travel Itinerary;
- Accommodation proof.
If you intend to apply for a longer visa validity, want multiple entries or, travelling for purpose other than Tourism, you’ll need to apply for a Malaysia sticker visa. For more information on the Malaysia sticker visa, contact us. We’d love to hear from you!
Are you looking at visiting Malaysia for business or leisure? Your best bet to achieving this is getting a Malaysia visa.
Also Read: Tips to get Malaysia Visa for Indians