Apart from being a safe, friendly and harmonious country, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has some of the best universities in the Gulf region. The UAE has high standards in academic studies and holds an international reputation for excellence in all areas of education and training. A Dubai Student Visa to the UAE allows students from all around the world to pursue their respective field of study. Here is some useful information, if you want to study in the UAE and you are unable to figure out how to go about the process.
Eligibility for Dubai Student Visa:
A student’s visa is for a university or a college student studying in the UAE. A student visa allows expatriate students who are residing in the UAE under the sponsorship of their parents or relatives, or to foreign international students who come from abroad to join one of the higher educational institutes in the UAE. It is advisable to go through the Dubai Visa Rules and Regulations for the applicants to avoid further errors in future and to avoid the risks of Visa Rejection
Admission at one of the UAE universities does not guarantee the issuance of a Student visa for Indians. Visa issuance is subject to certain Requirements, which includes passing a medical fitness test, a security check and the approval of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in the respective emirate. These are the available channels to apply for a student visa in Dubai.
Also read: Dubai Business Visa for Indian
Dubai Student Visa Validity for Indians:
Student Residence Visas are normally only valid for 1 year at a time, renewed each year during the study program. Currently, a student’s visa is renewable for a similar period of 1 year. The relevant higher educational institute in the UAE where the student is studying issues an official proof of continuation of a study. If a student stays out of the UAE for longer than six months, their student residence visa becomes invalid. The students cannot enter the UAE until they cancel the previous visa and issue a new one. Usually, the sponsor will report the visa holder to the immigration authorities.
Documents Required for Student Visa Application
- Passport with at least 6 months validity. The passport must have at least two blank visa pages (one to endorse the visa and one for entry stamps)
- Photographs (Please click here to view Sample Dubai Visa Photo)
- Evidence of acceptance to a UAE tertiary institute (offer letter)
- Updated bank statements of the last 6 months showing evidence of funds in the UAE
- Tenancy agreement (or letter from the university if staying in university accommodation)
- Tuition fee receipt for the current study year of the program
- Visa fees receipt for the current study year of the program
- Post-graduate students will need to have their undergraduate degree attested.
Dubai Visa Application process details:
- The top universities of the UAE themselves facilitate international Student Visa. Students can directly send their documents to the university. Once the university sends you the offer letter for the program and you accept it, it will initiate the Visa application process.
- Ideally, the student visa process should start at least 1–2 months prior to the beginning of the semester. This helps students with ample amount of time to prepare for other aspects of the departure checklist.
- It usually takes around 15–20 days for the visa to be processed, however, that depends from university to university. International students also have the option of choosing express processing, which costs more than normal processing. Under express processing, students can get the UAE Students Visa within 10 days.
Dubai Student Visa applicants may face Visa Rejection if the above guidelines not followed. Every year, many students fail to fulfil the Eligibility criteria due to many reasons. One needs to be very careful with the application process. And therefore it is always advisable to seek assistance from an experienced Travel Agent as they have years of experience into visa processing and can help you obtain your visa successfully in the first attempt itself.