Canada is considered to be a favourite destination for Indians due to many reasons. Indians mostly prefer to stay in Canada due to the amazing curriculum and opportunities it has to offer. Every year more than 3,50,000 students go to Canada for further studies. Along with the outstanding study prospect that it offers, it also has aesthetic destinations to offer to have fun and adventures while you wish to study in Canada. For which, one is supposed to apply for Canada Student Visa.
You need to obtain a Canada study permit, which serves as a Canada Student Visa for the duration of your stay, in order to study in Canada. You do not need a Canadian study permit if your course or program lasts six months or less. Nevertheless, it may be a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada anyway – otherwise, if you decide you want to continue your studies in another program, you will need to leave Canada to apply for a study permit through a visa office. However, before applying for a Canada Visa, one needs to confirm the purpose of the visit, in order to apply. Many times, applicants misunderstand the purpose of Canada Visa type which can lead to Visa Rejection. Having a precise knowledge about the Canada Visa Rules and Regulations for Indians also helps the applicant in understanding the Visa process.
Canada Student Permit:
This is not a visa; it is a permit or a document issued by the Citizen and Immigration (CIC), which allows you to study in Canada. If you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your course.
Along with your study permit, you will also need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for your entry in Canada. A Temporary Resident Visa is not required for citizens of visa exempt countries. The next stage is to get a Canada Visa application online package, either from the CIC website or by contacting your local visa office, or the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country. You may also need to obtain a temporary residence permit if you are from a designated country.
Please note that a study permit is a document that allows you to study in Canada, while a TRV is a visa that allows you to enter Canada. Your counsellor will help you access the latest information and connect you with authorized migration experts.
Eligibility for Student Visa:
1. A school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada must have accepted you.
2. You must prove that you have sufficient funds to pay for your tuition fees, financial support and to return to your home country.
3. You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
4. You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
5. You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your permitted stay.
Also check: How to apply for Canada Tourist Visa
Canada Student Visa for Indians:
The process of obtaining a Canada Visa online is as follows:
- You must first obtain a standardized letter of acceptance from a recognized higher education provider. Like, Students studying in Quebec (Canadian City) must also apply for a certificate of acceptance from the government of Quebec.
2. The next stage is to get a Canada student visa application package, either from the CIC website or by contacting your local visa office, or the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country.
3. You may also need to obtain a temporary residence permit if you are from a designated country.
How to process Visa online:
In order to get your application package, you will need to answer a few questions about yourself on the CIC website. These questions will determine whether you are eligible to apply online for a Canadian student permit, and documents you need to provide.
If you are eligible, you will receive a personal checklist code, valid for 60 days, which you will need in order to submit your application online. Make sure to print out the page containing your code for future reference.
When you are ready to apply, create a My CIC account, where you will enter your personal checklist code.
You will then receive your personal document checklist, which allows you to upload and send your documents to CIC.
Once your documents and application form is ready and you pay the fees, you can submit your complete application to CIC.
Some applicants may have to attend an interview at their local visa office. One needs to be very particular about the Visa Eligibility in order to avoid further confusion. If you plan to visit Canada for studying, we can assure you an amazing experience with the best deals on flights, hotels, and holiday bookings.