Canada is a great destination for your holiday vacation or family getaway. It is the second biggest nation in the world. Often referred to as “The Great White North”, this vast and expansive nation is full of exciting travel opportunities and adventures just waiting for you. There are endless reasons to why you should be planning a trip to Canada soon.
If you are planning a trip to Canada anytime soon, then your first step should be to obtain a Canada Visa.
These are some Important Tips to get Canada Visa for Indians:
- You can apply for your Canada visa as early as 3 months prior to your departure date.
- A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is also referred to, as a Canada ‘visitor’s visa’ or ‘entry visa’. It is a document placed in your passport and used to enter or re-enter Canada. A TRV is like a valid permission to enter Canada for tourism, business or transit purpose.
- First, you need to apply for the correct visa type with genuine purpose of visit. In other cases such as study or work, you will be either needing work permit or Canada study visa.
- A Canada TRV Visa allows for a single entry, for multiple entries, or for transit purposes. A Single Entry Visa lets you to enter Canada only once within the period of your stay in Canada. A Multiple Entry Visa allows you to enter Canada from any country multiple times during the validity of the visa. Often, many countries require a ‘Transit Visa’ if you stop at the airport on your way to another destination.
- The Canada Immigration official at the Canada Airport will stamp your passport indicating how long you may stay in Canada. Generally, the embassy issues Canada Visa for Indians with a validity of up to 10 years or one month before your passport expires. A Canada visa allows you to stay in Canada for a maximum period of six months.
- After you arrive in Canada, you may want to extend your visa. This is possible in special cases. To extend your stay, you should apply three weeks prior to the expiry date of your Canada Visa. However, the final decision is completely at the discretion of the Embassy.
Also Read: Common reasons for Canada Visa rejection
- Most common documents required for Canada visa for Indians are – passport, photographs, cover letter, Employment letter, bank statements, Income tax returns, other financial documents. For business visas, you also need to submit a covering letter from the Indian company and Invitation letter from the host company in Canada. For complete list of documentation, click here
- All visa applications need to be submitted to the Canada VFS Global services (VAC). The VAC is a commercial service organization registered in India. The Canada Embassy authorizes VFS to handle the verification and processing of Canada Visa applications. Please note that the VAC acts as an outsourced partner; and has no influence over the visa decision.
- As part of your visa application process, personal appearance of the applicant is mandatory at the Visa Application center (VAC) in order to submit bio-metrics (Including fingerprints and digital photograph) and visa file. Every member of the family needs an individual appointment.
- On successful submission of your visa application, the VAC will issue you a receipt which will contain your visa reference number. This receipt contains your tracking number, which will help you to track your application online.
- It takes about 20 to 25 days to process a Canada visa for Indians. At times the visa application can take longer time depending upon individual applications.
How can Akbartravels.com help you?
Are you still unsure about the visa process and looking for assistance with your Canada visa application? It is highly important, that you take help of an experienced and reliable travel agency. Akbartravels.com with its years of expertise is one of the very few agencies to obtain your visa successfully in the first attempt. Right from collecting your visa documents from your doorsteps, verifying it to approval of Canada visa for Indians, Akbartravels.com has you covered.