Indians constitute approx. 27% of the total population of UAE. Made up of seven Emirates, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Ras al-Khaimah, and Umm al-Qaiwain, UAE is the preferred destination for Indians to settle down due to plenty of resident benefits and terrific living conditions. Are you too planning to work in Dubai? Wondering, how to obtain a Dubai Work Visa from India?
Here’s how to go about:
If you wish to work in Dubai or the UAE, you need a work visa and to get a work visa, you must have been offered a job. In the UAE, employers are obliged to apply for work permits for their employees. Yes, you read that right! Your employer will provide you with an employment visa. I.e. Dubai work visa. The type of Dubai employment visa will depend on the nature of the job, skills, and income.
A Dubai Employment visa authorizes an Indian national to work in the UAE. The application process and requirements for a Dubai work visa must be fulfilled by the employer. To qualify for a Dubai work visa, you must have received an official offer of employment from a Dubai employer. You cannot apply for a Dubai work permit by yourself, you need to be sponsored for a visa.
Working in Dubai – How to get a Dubai Work Visa
In general, you need to hold a Dubai work visa before migrating to Dubai, but there can be an exception! in some cases, you may be able to apply from within Dubai itself.
Below are two ways to get a Dubai Work Visa:
Applying in your home country:
- Surf the job websites or visit the Dubai company websites to find out about the job postings.
- Figure out if you qualify and apply online.
- Attend telephonic / skype interviews.
- If selected, the employer will process your Dubai work permit on your behalf.
- Once processed, you can migrate to Dubai (UAE) for work.
Applying in Dubai on your Dubai Visit Visa
- Apply for a 14, 30 or 90 days Dubai Visit Visa.
- Travel to Dubai.
- Apply for available jobs while in Dubai.
- Attend the interviews in person.
- Once selected, your employer will submit the paperwork to the MoHRE (Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation) to start the UAE employment visa process.
- After your Dubai work visa is processed, you will need to exit with your Dubai visit visa and re-enter the country with your Dubai work visa.
What is the Dubai Work Visa price?
The expenses of your employment visa for Dubai should be paid for by your employer by law. Your employer will secure a work visa for you and the visa cost will range depending on the size and turnover of the company.
How long is the Dubai Work Visa valid for?
A Dubai work visa ranges between 2 to 3 years, or for the complete duration of the employment contract not exceeding three (3) years.
What are the requirements for a Dubai Employment Visa for Indians?
The standard requirements for a Dubai employment visa are as following:
- Visa application form – Fully completed and signed application form.
- Passport – Original valid passport with at least six months validity and two blank pages.
- Two photos – Recently clicked passport size photos.
- Employment Contract – A work contract signed between you and your employer, offer letter of employment.
- Proof of previous job – Experience letter, pay slips etc.
- Proof of Educational Qualifications – Certificates, diplomas etc.
- Medical Certificate– A health certificate confirming you’re physically fit. Blood test and X-ray report as proof that you do not have diseases like Hepatitis, HIV, and Tuberculosis.
- Other documents supporting the employment of the applicant.
- * Additional documents may be requested. Please note that these are only the basic requirements that you will have to provide in order to get a employment visa to Dubai.
This depends upon the UAE Government. However, the whole Dubai employment visa application process typically should take a month.
Can I work on my Dubai Visit Visa?
It is illegal to work on a Dubai tourist/visit visa. The repercussions for doing so can include removal from UAE, banned from entering UAE, being unable to apply for work permits again, and even heavy fines and criminal sanctions for employers.
We hope this helps! Please feel free to get in touch with us for all your visa worries. Akbar Travels is just a phone call away.
Disclaimer: While every effort has been made to ascertain that the above information provided is correct and up-to-date, please note, that the Information is of a general nature, and may not be applicable in a specific situation or for individual circumstances. For specific information, request you to seek professional assistance from the experts.
Related Dubai Visa Articles:
- Dubai Visa Guide for Indian Citizens
- Tips to get Dubai Visa for Indians
- How To Apply For Dubai Visa Online
- Common Reasons for Dubai Visa Rejection
- What is UAE Golden Visa? 10-Year Renewable Residency Visa
- Dubai’s Museum of the Future | World’s Most Beautiful Building
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Flights To Dubai
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights