Here’s your weekly dose of travel updates!
Check out the latest news and updates about the travel and tourism industry from around the world.
1. Did you know? A 700 year old Ganesha Statue sits at the edge of a Volcano in Indonesia
Our Indonesia tour packages are filled with many breathtaking and mesmerizing sights that are truly unmatched, including one of the most unique Ganesha temples in the world. What makes it unique? Here, the Ganesha Idol sits on the edge of a volcano! Yes, you read that right! This 700 year old statue on the Mount Bromo volcano is believed to protect the locals from volcano eruptions. The Tengerr Massif Tribe makes numerous offerings to the idol. Curious to check it out? Get your flight tickets to Indonesia, now!
2. Unified Visa to boost Gulf Tourism: Soon visit 6 Gulf Countries with 1 Visa!
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is planning to introduce a Schengen-style unified visa for visitors. The visa would allow entry to the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, and Oman under a single visa. The unified visa system, targeting frequent travellers, aims to boost tourism and facilitate travel within the region. The GCC is currently discussing the visa’s implementation and expects to generate significant revenues within the regional tourism sector.
3. World’s Largest Temple, Akshardham Temple to be unveiled in New Jersey on October 8, 2023
The grand inauguration ceremony of the World’s Largest Hindu Temple constructed outside of India is scheduled to take place on October 8, 2023, in New Jersey. The next time you are on a holiday in the US do visit the BAPS Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple in New Jersey which spans across 183 acres and took over 12 years to complete. Featuring more than 10,000 big and small statues it is possibly the second largest globally, following Cambodia’s Angkor Wat the most well-known attraction of our Cambodia tour packages.
4. Mumbai Airport to shut down Runways temporarily on October 17, 2023
Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport will temporarily close both its runways on October 17, 2023, for post-monsoon maintenance work as part of its annual preventive maintenance plan. The closure will last for six hours, from 11 am to 5 pm. The airport has issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) six months in advance to ensure smooth planning of operations. Passengers with flights scheduled from Mumbai on this day are advised to keep a check for sudden changes in airline schedules.
5. US Embassy issues over 90,000 US Student Visa to Indians
The highly coveted US visa has been news in India. Earlier this month, the US visa appointment wait returning back to normal was in News and now, it’s time for the record-breaking number of US student visa issued to Indians. Indian students have secured over 90,000 US student visa, marking the third consecutive year of this achievement. The student visas were issued during the months of June, July, and August.
6. Gulmarg Gets Season’s First Snowfall
The best time to visit Kashmir is now! Why? Because, Gulmarg, has received its first snowfall of the season, transforming into a winter wonderland. Nestled in the heart of Kashmir, this picturesque heaven is a major attraction of our Jammu and Kashmir tour packages and is renowned for its stunning snow-covered landscapes and colorful lupine flowers that adorn its meadows. A popular skiing destination, Gulmarg attracts winter sports enthusiasts from around the world.
7. Foreign Tourists can now visit Hanle Dark Sky Reserve in Ladakh
Good News for foreigners planning to book our Leh Ladakh tour packages! In a bid to promote Hanle as one of the major astro-tourism destinations in India and the world, the Tourism Department of Union Territory of Ladakh has announced that foreign tourists can now stay overnight at Hanle. The village has been notified as a Dark Sky Reserve by the Wildlife Department of the Union Territory Administration of Ladakh. Until recently, it was off-limits to foreign tourists and only domestic tourists were allowed to visit.
8. Deccan Odyssey returning back on tracks after 4 years hiatus
The Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) has reintroduced the luxurious Deccan Odyssey train after a hiatus of nearly 4 years. The train is hailed as one of India’s most luxurious trains and was put on hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The train has undergone significant refurbishment and is now ready to operate in its new form. The train features an intercom and Wi-Fi facilities, luxurious furnishings, a music system, beds, and an efficient air conditioning system among several other upgrades.
9. Himachal Pradesh to build 23 Ropeways to Boost Tourism
The Himachal Pradesh Government has proposed to build 23 ropeways at the cost of INR 9,660 crores in a bid to increase tourism and decongest the state’s already congested traditional transportation hubs. These urban transport solutions are planned for major tourist attractions of our Himachal Pradesh tour packages like Shimla, Dharamshala and Manali among other destinations.
10. Helicopter services now available between Manipur and Mizoram
Helicopter services have commenced between Manipur and Mizoram. The service will operate between Churachandpur in Manipur and Mualpui Helipad in Mizoram. The helicopter service is expected to improve connectivity between the two states and make travel easier. The service was launched on September 27, 2023, and is part of the Government of India’s Helicopter Service scheme for the Northeastern states supported by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
11. Japan to expand Japan E-Visa services for easier Visa Application Process
As per the reports, the Japanese Government is planning to expand its electronic visa services system to streamline visa application process for foreign visitors. The Foreign Ministry began the online service in March 2023 in 11 countries and regions. The system enables eligible applicants to obtain short-term stay Japan visa online without going to their local Japanese Embassy or Consulate. The ministry is currently assessing whether to make the scheme available in more countries.
12. Rome’s historic Palatine Hill Palazzo – Domus Tiberiana reopened for tourists after decades of closure
A new addition has been included in our Rome tour packages – the ancient Roman imperial palazzo atop the city’s Palatine Hill, the Domus Tiberiana. The nearly 2,000-year-old palace used to serve as home to rulers in the ancient city’s Imperial period, has reopened for tourists after nearly 50 years of closure for restoration. The visitors will now be allowed to tour the Domus, which is regarded as the first true imperial palace.
13. Airline Updates:
- Air India signs Codeshare Agreement with AIX Connect (Air Asia India) – Air India has entered into a codeshare agreement with AIX Connect (Air Asia India). Air India will add its ‘AI’ designator code to over 100 flights a day operated by AIX Connect on 21 routes. The agreement will allow Air India passengers to connect seamlessly on AIX Connect’s network to and from over 80 points across Air India’s extensive domestic and international network.
- IndiGo launched flights between Delhi and Almaty – IndiGo has launched flights between Delhi and Almaty, Kazakhstan marking IndiGo’s 32nd international and 111th overall destination within the extensive 6E network. The airline is operating thrice weekly flights departing Delhi on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and from Almaty on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- Vistara to operate Direct Flights between Mumbai and Frankfurt – Vistara has announced direct flights between Mumbai and Frankfurt starting from November 15, 2023. This new route is in addition to Vistara’s 6 times weekly service between Delhi and Frankfurt, which has been getting a good response since its launch in February 2021.
- Oman Air to resume flights from Lucknow and Thiruvananthapuram to Muscat – Oman Air has announced that it will resume flights from Lucknow and Thiruvananthapuram to Muscat starting from October 1, 2023. The carrier will operate 9 flights per week from Lucknow to Muscat, increasing to 10 from December, and 5 flights per week from Thiruvananthapuram to Muscat, increasing to 6 from December.
With so much to see and experience in the world who wouldn’t be excited to travel? Head over to Akbartravels.com and find solutions to all your worries related to visa applications, flight tickets, and hotel bookings. What else? We have the best budget holiday packages available to make your holiday truly peaceful.
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights | Kolkata Bangkok Flights