Here’s your weekly dose of travel updates!
Check out the latest news and updates about the travel and tourism industry from around the world.
1. Lonely Planet releases the list of ‘Countries to visit in 2024’, Mongolia ranks 1st, India comes 2nd
Lonely Planet has officially released its ‘Best in Travel’ guide for 2024. The guide highlights 50 travel destinations across the world to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the organisation. Mongolia topped the list of countries to visit in 2024 and India came in closely behind. India’s ranking can be credited to the recently announced new flight routes improving connectivity to Europe and the US and offering a variety of experiences and cultures for visitors to indulge in.
2. Mark your calendar as dates for the Annual Rann Utsav in Kutch are out! Festivities begin on November 10, 2023
After making it to the United Nations World Tourism Organisation’s ‘Best Tourism Villages in 2023’ list, Dhordo in Gujarat is gearing up to host the famous Rann Utsav! Starting on November 10, 2023, the Rann Utsav in Kutch is a celebration of cultural music, dance, traditions and natural beauty of the stunning Rann of Kutch. The shimmering landscape of the white sand desert during the pleasant winter season surrounded by the lively festivities is sure to steal your heart!
3. ICC World Cup 2023 Final to take place on November 19, 2023! Hotels in Ahmedabad are filling up fast despite a 75-100% increase in rates
Cricket fever in India knows no bounds and hotel rates in Ahmedabad are proof of it! As the ICC World Cup 2023 Final approaches, the rates of hotels in Ahmedabad keep rising. Cricket fans planning to watch the World Cup Finale in Ahmedabad are paying around 75-100% more than the usual cost. But here’s a catch! You don’t need to worry about paying such high prices. Visit Akbartravels.com to book your hotel in Ahmedabad with up to a whopping 75% OFF on your stay.
4. Street Dog from Varanasi gets her Passport to fly off to the Netherlands soon
In a heartwarming tale, Meral Bontenbel, a traveller from the Netherlands, formed a deep connection with a street dog named Jaya in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Captivated by Jaya’s charm during a leisurely stroll, Meral decided to adopt the stray dog. Driven by her affection for Jaya and the desire to offer a better life, Meral took the remarkable step of adopting the street dog. This act of kindness led to Jaya receiving a passport, allowing her to leave the streets of Varanasi for her new home in the Netherlands.
5. Mussoorie in just 15 minutes! India’s Longest Ropeway to come up in Mussoorie, will reduce travel time between Dehradun and Mussoorie to just 15 minutes instead of 1.5 hours
With a length of 5.5 km, the upcoming Dehradun-Mussoorie ropeway is set to be India’s longest ropeway. This mono cable ropeway is expected to be operational by September 2026, and will cut down travel time between these 2 tourist hot spots from 1.5 hours and sometimes even 3 hours (during peak season) to just 15 mins! The ropeway will have 10 seater, fully ventilated, enclosed cabins with automatic doors.
6. Dates for Nagaland’s Hornbill Festival Announced! To take place between December 1 and 10, 2023
The dates for the highly anticipated Hornbill Festival of Nagaland are announced! Starting on December 1, and ending on December 10, 2023, this colorful festival celebrating the rich cultural heritage of the region attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world and attending this one of the grandest festivals of Nagaland should definitely be a part of your Nagaland tour itinerary.
7. Bhutan plans to slash Airfares and Sustainable Development Fees to boost Tourism
In an effort to boost the tourism industry, Bhutan plans to make travelling to the country more accessible for visitors. The country is planning to work with Drukair Corporation and Bhutan Airlines to reduce high airfare, along with reducing the daily Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) from USD 200 to 100 per person, issue permits for low cost accommodation for tourists and create an incentive program for long stay visitors.
8. India resumes Entry, Business, Medical, and Conference Visas for Canadian Nationals
On October 25, 2023, the Indian Embassy in Ottawa announced that it would resume visa services for Canadians from October 26, 2023. As per the announcement currently only the visa services for the following categories of India visas will be available: entry, business, medical and conference. Services for other categories of visas such as tourist, student, and employment, etc. are still on hold and will be dealt with as the circumstances dictate.
9. 16 crores! The number of Visitors, the Statue of Unity has received since its inauguration
In the last 5 years, planning a Gujarat tour package feels incomplete without including the iconic Statue of Unity. The tallest statue in the world has been attracting a lot of visitors from India and abroad since the day of its inauguration – October 31, 2018. The landmark attracted 453,020 visitors in just 2 months and now the number of visitors to the Statue of Unity has reached a whopping 16 crores!
10. Ancient pre-glacial landscape discovered in Wilkes Land Region in East Antarctica
The researchers in East Antarctica’s Wilkes Land Region have discovered an ancient pre-glacial landscape the size of Belgium in the region. Marked by ridges and valleys caused by ancient rivers, this discovery made by satellite observations and ice penetrating radar, will help the researchers get a better insight into the ancient world concealed deep below the ice of Antarctica.
11. Sri Lanka joins the list of visa-free countries for Indians! Indian Passport holders can now travel to Sri Lanka without a visa
Did you know, you can now plan a holiday in Sri Lanka without having to apply for a Sri Lanka visa? Yes, with the recent announcement of Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Tourism allowing Indian travellers visa free entry in Sri Lanka, the list of visa free countries for Indians just keeps on growing! This initiative is expected to boost tourism in the country by allowing visitors from countries like India, China, Russia, Malaysia, Japan, Indonesia, and Thailand a seamless entry into the country and is valid till March 31, 2024.
12. National Transit Pass System now in Himachal Pradesh, making it the 6th Indian state
In line with the state’s dedication to sustainable forest management, Himachal Pradesh has officially adopted the National Transit Pass System, making it the 6th Indian state to do. The National Transit Pass System is a digital platform created to streamline and expedite the permit issuance process resulting in enhanced efficiency of the operations of the Forest Department. It will also help the department to monitor, manage and curb illegal transportation of forest products.
13. Railway Updates:
- Special Vande Bharat Trains with indoor heating coming soon for Jammu and Kashmir! – If you thought that the Vande Bharat Trains couldn’t get any better then think again! As per the Indian Railway Minister, once the operations on the Jammu-Srinagar railway line starts new Vande Bharat coaches with facilities like indoor heating and water lines that won’t freeze during the winters will be introduced in the region.
- Indian Railways to run 283 Special Trains all over India till Chhath Puja – For the convenience of passengers and to control the rush during the festival of Chhath Puja, the Indian Railways has announced to run 283 special trains connecting places like Delhi, Patna, Katra, Mumbai, Bangalore, Howrah, Varanasi, Okha, Puri, etc. These trains will be making 4,480 trips across the country.
14. Airline Updates:
- Air India launches non-stop flights between Bangalore and Singapore, increases flight frequency between Mumbai and Singapore – Starting from October 22, 2023, Air India began operations on the Bangalore – Singapore route. The airline also increased its flight frequency from 7 to 13 flights per week between Mumbai and Singapore from the same day.
- Vistara announces daily non-stop flights between Delhi and Bali – On December 1, 2023, Vistara will become the first and only Indian airline to connect Delhi and Bali directly with daily non-stop flights between the cities.
With so much to see and experience in the world, who wouldn’t be excited to travel? Head over to Akbartravels.com and find solutions to all your worries related to visa services, flight tickets, and hotel bookings. What else? We have the best budget holiday packages available to make your holiday truly peaceful.
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights