Here’s your weekly dose of travel updates!
Check out the latest news and updates about the travel and tourism industry from around the world.
1. Japan Airlines wins ‘World’s Best Airline’ title for 2023, Vistara and Air India make it to the Top 10
In its Airline Index 2023, Bounce – a luggage storage company, announced the best and the worst airlines for 2023. As per the announcement, Japan Airlines secured 1st place followed by Singapore Air and Qatar Airways in the ‘World’s Best Airline’ category. Meanwhile, Indian Airlines like Vistara and Air India secured the 5th and the 8th place respectively.
2. All International Flights from Bangalore’s Kempegowda Airport to operate from T2 from August 31, 2023
If you are flying out from Bangalore’s Kempegowda Airport on or after August 31, 2023, please make note: All international flight operations of the Kempegowda Airport will be moved to Terminal 2 or T2, whereas Terminal 1 or T1 will only operate domestic flights.
3. Tourist Destinations near LOC in North Kashmir now open for Tourists
Places near the LOC like Keran, Gurez, Tangdhar, Machil, and Bangus, which were earlier closed to visitors can now be a part of your holiday in Jammu and Kashmir. As per the reports, the Department of Tourism in collaboration with the Jammu and Kashmir Government decided to open these places near LOC in a bid to increase tourism in the region.
4. A Temple Museum and Ayodhya Haat coming soon in Ayodhya
To raise awareness about the history of Indian temples and highlight their architectural heritage and scientific elements, the Government of Uttar Pradesh has announced to build a Temple Museum in Ayodhya. In addition to this, Chaudhary Charan Ghat on the bank of Saryu River will be getting Ayodhya Haat, a new tourist attraction equipped with laser shows, musical fountains, stalls of handicrafts, a floating restaurant, etc.
5. Pench National Park and Tiger Reserve now offers Cycle Safari
Maharashtra’s Pench National Park and Tiger Reserve has introduced a unique concept of “Cycle Safari”. Currently available only in the 48 km stretch between Kolitmara to Kunwara Bhivsen stretch, the cycle safari is available alongside traditional jeep and canter safaris. This new eco-friendly adventure allows visitors to explore Narhar, Banera, and Chargaon areas in the park.
6. Ladakh to get World’s Highest Motorable Road, higher than Uming La
The female engineers at Border Roads Organisation (BRO) have begun constructing a 64 km extended Likaru-Mig La-Fukche road near Hanle in Eastern Ladakh’s Demchok sector. Once completed, this road will claim the title of the world’s highest motorable road at 19,400 ft elevation at Mig La. Currently, the record belongs to Ladakh’s Umling La at 19,024 ft.
7. Bhutanese Temple dedicated to Lord Buddha to open in Varanasi
Varanasi will soon have a Bhutanese Temple dedicated to Lord Buddha. It is the place where Gautam Buddha delivered his first sermon and rolled the wheel of dharma. As per the reports, the Government of Bhutan will receive land from the Government of Uttar Pradesh on behalf of India, where they will build the temple and a guest house.
8. Ministry of Tourism launched a campaign to showcase India as a Premiere Wedding Destination
To promote India as a leading global wedding destination, the Ministry of Tourism has launched a campaign. With the aim to unlock the potential of India’s huge wedding industry, by attracting couples from all over the world, this campaign was built upon Prime Minister Modi’s vision of developing tourism in India in a mission mode.
9. Monthly Train Tickets – ‘Passe Ferroviário Nacional’, or National Rail Card announced in Portugal
Your holidays in Portugal might just get more pocket-friendly with the introduction of ‘Passe Ferroviário Nacional’ or National Rail Card in Portugal. Issued by the national rail company Comboios de Portugal, the rail card is valid on most train networks without trip or timing restrictions. However, it excludes intercity trains like Alfa Pendular and urban networks in Porto, Lisbon, and Coimbra.
10. Austria announces a year of free train travel for travellers who will get a ‘Klimaticket’ tattoo
Austria’s climate minister, Leonore Gewesseler, is supporting a unique sustainable tourism campaign that involves festival goers getting a “Klimaticket” tattoo, translating to “climate ticket”. By getting this tattoo at select festivals like the Electric Love Festival, participants received a year of free train travel across Austria.
11. Airline Updates:
- Air India signs Intermodal Interline Agreement with AccesRail in Europe – Passengers can now travel to more than 100 cities in Europe via Train and Bus: On a single intermodal ticket, Air India passengers will be able to travel by bus and trains seamlessly across 100 European cities in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, UK, Hungary, Czech Republic, etc.
- AirAsia India and Air India Express launch service for Unaccompanied Minors: To allow unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 and 12 years, to travel across all direct international sectors, Air India Express and AirIndia Asia have launched a dedicated and safe Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) service.
- Non stop Delhi to Hong Kong Flights resumed by IndiGo: Due to the increase in demand and to boost international connectivity, IndiGo will resume its non stop Delhi to Hong Kong flights from October 5, 2023.
- Korean Air to start weighing passengers before Flights: Random passengers flying via Korean Air will be weighed along with their luggage before boarding their flight. The decision was taken to gather plane weight data and will continue for a few weeks.
- IndiGo to start flights from Jaisalmer to Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, and Ahmedabad from October 12, 2023: In order to boost tourism and increase connectivity of Jaisalmer, IndiGo is all set to launch daily flights from Jaisalmer to Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, and Ahmedabad.
- SriLankan Airlines to start new Routes and double daily Flights in India: To generate more traffic and increase connectivity, SriLankan Airlines plan to increase frequency to major cities in India and start operations on new cities like Ahmedabad, Coimbatore, Kolkata, and Visakhapatnam.
- Delhi, Dubai and Hong Kong among the first stops of new premiere Maldivian Airline – Beond: Offering an array of luxury services, the new Maldivian Airline, Beond will be starting operations soon. Delhi, Dubai, and Hong Kong are among the first destinations that the airline will fly to and later plans to expand to Mumbai, Paris, Singapore, etc.
12. DigiYatra now available at Lucknow’s Amausi Airport
On August 23, 2023, Lucknow’s Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport (Amausi) introduced DigiYatra – biometric self-boarding or check-in with facial recognition facility. The airport authorities have employed ‘Digi Saathis’ at the entry gates to help passengers enroll in the DigiYatra program.
13. Visa Regulations for China Visa for Indians eased till December 31, 2023
Indians applying for China visa will no longer need to have to provide their biometric data (fingerprints). As per the Chinese Embassy in India, this exemption is available for applicants applying for single or double-entry China visa for business, tourism, short-term family visits, transit, and crew purposes until December 31, 2023.
14. From August 23, 2023, Amarnath Yatra temporarily suspended
Due to the declining number of tourists and the need for urgent repairs of the yatra tracks in the Himalayas, the Government of Jammu and Kashmir has suspended the Amarnath Yatra from August 23, 2023. This 62 days long annual yatra which began on July 1, 2023, will end on August 31, 2023, with the event of ‘Chadi Mubarak.’
With so much to see and experience in the world who wouldn’t be excited to travel? Head over to Akbartravels.com and find solutions to all your worries related to visa applications, flight tickets, and hotel bookings. What else? We have the best budget holiday packages available to make your holiday truly peaceful.
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights