Here’s your weekly dose of travel updates!
Check out the latest news and updates about the travel and tourism industry from around the world.
1. Major Updates from PM Modi’s Visit to the USA:
During his address to the Indian diaspora on his state visit to the USA, Prime Minister Modi made the following announcements that are likely to facilitate travel between both countries:
- No need to leave the US in order to renew the H-1B Visa for Indians – The US Department of State plans to launch a program by the end of 2023, under which H1-B visas in the US can be renewed in the US without having to travel outside the country.
- US to open Consulates in Bengaluru and Ahmedabad – Since the US issued a record 1,25,000 US student visas to Indian students last year, the new Consulates in Bengaluru and Ahmedabad are expected to aid in boosting people-to-people relationships.
- India to establish a Diplomatic Mission in Seattle along with Consulates in 2 US Cities – Currently, there are 1 Indian Embassy in Washington and 5 Indian Consulates in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, and Atlanta.
2. Soon, you will be able to Travel from Mumbai to Alibaug in 1 hour, thanks to the Virar – Alibaug Multimodal Corridor Project
In a bid to construct a crucial section of the Virar-Alibaug Multi-modal corridor, the Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) is seeking proposals from civil contractors. It will connect Navghar on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Highway to Balavali in Raigad, covering three districts: Palghar, Thane, and Raigad, and is expected to be operational by 2030.
3. Skytrax Crowns Singapore Airlines as the ‘World’s Best Airline for 2023’
For the 5th time in the Skytrax World Airline Awards’ 23 year history, Singapore Airlines has been named the ‘World’s Best Airline’. Qatar Airways (Qatar), Nippon Airways (Japan), Emirates (UAE), and Japan Airlines (Japan), secured the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th positions respectively.
4. Kottayam in Kerala is all set to get Sabrimala International Airport
In hopes to boost spiritual tourism in Kerala, the Kerala Government plans to construct Sabrimala International Airport in Kottayam. The airport falls under the 10 km radius of the Periyar Tiger Reserve. This airport will also benefit other tourist attractions that are included in our Kerala tour packages, such as Idukki, Kottayam, and Pathanamthitta.
5. Upcoming ‘Missing Link’ of Mumbai – Pune Expressway to reduce Travel Time by half an hour
The ‘Missing Link’, a significant portion of the Mumbai – Pune Expressway is expected to be complete soon. Travellers will be able to access this ‘Missing Link’ at Khopoli and reach Pune near Sinhagad Institute after crossing 2 tunnels, a short ride under the Lonavala Lake, and a scenic drive across a cable-stayed viaduct bridge.
6. Tourists can now Visit the Spot where Julius Caesar was killed in Rome
Our Rome tour packages now have a new star attraction – Largo Argentina, the spot where Julius Caesar was murdered in 44 BC. A brand-new nighttime illumination set up along with a series of elevated walkways that takes visitors to the site will give tourists in Rome a new way to experience history.
7. Saudi Arabia announces instant e-Visa for Nationals holding valid US, UK, and Schengen visas
As per the latest announcement, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will issue instant e-visa to valid US, UK, and Schengen visa holders provided that they have used their visa at least once after being issued. The instant Saudi e-Visa will also be available for permanent residents of any European Union country.
8. Ulko-Tammio in Finland urging Visitors to “ditch the phone”
In a press release, Mats Selin, head of tourist marketing for ‘Visit Kotka-Hamina’ initiative, stated that, “The island of Ulko-Tammio, which is located off the coast of Hamina, will be a phone-free area this summer. We want to urge holidaymakers to switch off their smart devices and genuinely enjoy the islands”.
9. To boost Cruise Tourism in India:
- 4 internationally renowned cruise lines to start operations in India – In the upcoming winter season, world renowned cruise lines such as MSC Cruises, Costa Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, and Norwegian Cruise Line will bring their cruise liners to explore India’s domestic cruise tourism potential.
- India to develop ports, terminals, lighthouses, and 16 water domes for sea-plane operations – With the growth of cruise tourism in India, the Ministry of Ports Shipping and Waterways is working towards developing infrastructure for cruise passengers.
10. New Tourism Capital of Himachal Pradesh – Kangra
To promote lesser-known places in the state and boost tourism, the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh announced to develop Kangra as the state’s tourism capital. After this development, you will be able to go roller skating in Sakoh, play golf in Paragpur, stay at a high-end resort in Menjha, and explore the Aero City of Kangra all with our Himachal Pradesh tour packages.
11. IndiGo connects to the USA: IndiGo and Turkish Airlines expand their Codeshare Partnership
In a bid to increase its global connectivity, IndiGo has started codeshare flights with Turkish Airlines to the US from June 15, 2023. The codeshare flights will offer connections to New York, Boston, Chicago, and Washington from Istanbul.
12. After 4 years of hiatus, Haifa Airport in Israel Resumes International Flights
After international flights were discontinued in 2019 due to a short runway, the Haifa Airport in Israel started international flights on June 22, 2023. The short runway only allows operations for short-haul flights and small planes.
13. Vistara bags the ‘Best Airline in India and South Asia’ Award for the 3rd consecutive year
Vistara is on a roll! At the recently held Paris Air Show 2023, Vistara bagged not just 1 or 2 but 4 awards. The airline was awarded the ‘Best Airline in India and South Asia’ for the 3rd consecutive year, ‘Best Airline Staff in India and South Asia’ for the 5th time in a row, ‘Best Cabin Crew in India and South Asia’ for the 3rd consecutive year and ‘Best Business Class Airline in India and South Asia’ for the 2nd time.Additionally, the airline was also awarded the 16th ‘Best Airline Globally’ at the Skytrax 2023 World Airline Awards.
With so much to see and experience in the world who wouldn’t be excited to travel? Head over to Akbartravels.com and find solutions to all your worries related to visa applications, flight tickets, and hotel bookings. What else? We have the best budget holiday packages available to make your holiday truly peaceful.
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights