Here’s your weekly dose of travel updates!
Check out the latest news and updates about the travel and tourism industry from around the world.
1. Good News for travellers! Indian Government asks online travel agencies to refund airfares for bookings made during COVID
On November 8, 2023, the Indian Government ordered travel agencies to refund the full amount collected without any cancellation charges for airline tickets booked during the COVID lockdown period. The Supreme Court judgement applies to bookings made for both domestic and international tickets during the period. The Central Consumer Protection Authority has directed 6 online travel platforms and 5 travel agencies to refund booking amounts of airline tickets to consumers whose travel was affected by the COVID pandemic.
2. Dates for the Annual Pushkar Camel Fair announced
The cultural extravaganza of the annual Pushkar Camel Fair will be held from November 20 to 28, 2023. The fair is known for its vibrant culture, music, art, food, dance, and camel trading. This year, the fair will feature a parade of indigenous bulls, camel polo, horse riding contests, and more, making it the best time to book your Rajasthan tour packages. Visitors can also enjoy activities such as horseback riding, camel riding, quad bike races, and safari trips during the sunset. Pushkar, located on the outskirts of the Thar Desert, is best known for the Brahma temple and ghats.
3. Soon Pench Tiger Reserve in Maharashtra will have Paramotoring and Hot Air Balloons
The Pench Tiger Reserve in Maharashtra is set to offer exciting new experiences for visitors by introducing paramotoring and hot air balloon rides. The paramotoring, that is to fly in a parachute with a motor strapped, will allow you to soar above the reserve, while the hot air balloon ride will provide a bird’s-eye view of the flora and fauna. These activities will provide a unique perspective of the reserve’s beauty and majesty.
4. India to open a Consulate in Seattle
After almost 7 years since the initial announcement, India is finally ready to open a new Consulate in Seattle, USA. The consulate is expected to become operational by the end of November 2023. Prakash Gupta, a senior Indian Foreign Service Officer, is expected to lead the mission in this major technology hub. The United States also expressed its commitment to initiate the process of opening 2 new consulates in India, specifically in the cities of Bengaluru and Ahmedabad.
5. Unified Gulf Tourist Visa receives approval from the GCC
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries have approved a unified Schengen-style visa to boost tourism in the region. Similar to a Schengen visa, the Unified Gulf Tourist Visa will allow tourists to visit all member countries, i.e., the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, and Kuwait, on a single visa. The visa is expected to be launched between 2024 and 2025 and will create more job opportunities, in addition to improving regional economies while allowing tourists free movement between the GCC countries.
6. Hot Air Balloon Safari launched in Haryana’s Pinjore
Haryana’s Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar, has launched a new hot air balloon safari project in Pinjore, to promote adventure tourism in the state. The facility is expected to attract a large number of visitors, enhancing the overall tourist experience. The project aims to give a new identity to the area and boost the region’s tourism industry while also creating employment opportunities. The Chief Minister himself took a ride in the hot air balloon, and expects it to become a popular attraction for tourists.
7. Underwater Treasure discovered in Sardinia, Italy
A treasure trove of 30,000 large bronze coins has been discovered by a diver off the coast of Sardinia, which is a must include in all Italy tour packages. The coins, dating back to the first half of the 4th century CE, were found in shallow water near the town of Arzachena. The total number of coins is estimated to be between 30,000 and 50,000, with all but four of them being exceptionally well-preserved. The location where the coins were found could theoretically have been a shipwreck. This discovery is one of the most significant coin collections found in recent years.
8. Mumbai to get new e-water taxis by December 2023
In a bid to make travelling across the city easier, Mumbai is all set to introduce electric water taxis in December 2023. Operating between Gateway of India in South Mumbai and Belapur in Navi Mumbai, the 24-seater taxis can travel at a speed of up to 12 nautical miles, covering the distance in an hour. The e-water taxis can run for 4 hours continuously on a one-time charge, and are a part of India’s COP-26 targets to cut total carbon emissions by 1 Billion tonnes by 2030. One-way trip between the two destinations will cost between Rs 200 and Rs 700.
9. Vande Sadharan Express completes first trial run between Mumbai – Ahmedabad successfully
The Vande Sadharan Express has completed its trial run from Mumbai to Ahmedabad successfully. The train will have sleeper coaches with a new seating facility offering extra space in the coaches. The Indian Railways is most likely to introduce non-AC Vande Sadharan Express for low-cost ticket travellers. However, officials of Central Railways refused to give any details on this new train. Insiders revealed that a trial run will soon be held, but they could not reveal on which route the Vande Sadharan Express will be introduced.
10. Airline Updates:
- Vistara adds another feather to its cap, becomes the first Indian airline to offer complimentary Wi-Fi on international flights for Club Vistara members – One of the top domestic airlines in India, Vistara has begun offering unlimited data for messaging apps like WhatsApp, iMessage, etc. for all Club Vistara members, whereas Platinum members and Business class passengers can get 50mb of additional data for web browsing.
- Air India and WorldTicket partner up to provide passengers with air-rail connections at 5,600 stations in Germany – The partnership will allow Air India passengers to travel effortlessly through Frankfurt and nearby towns and cities throughout Germany on a single intermodal ticket.
- Lufthansa starts direct flights between Bangalore and Munich – From November 4, 2023, Lufthansa started operating thrice-weekly direct flights between Bangalore and Munich. Apart from Delhi and Mumbai, Bangalore is the 3rd city with direct connection to Munich via Lufthansa.
- Daily seasonal service between Mumbai and Toronto resumed by Air Canada – The daily flights will operate via London Heathrow Airport and the service will be available till March 16, 2024.
- Air India signs an interline partnership with Alaska Airlines – Under this partnership, Air India passengers will be able to enjoy seamless connections to 32 destinations on the Alaska Airline’s network in the US, Mexico, and Canada.
- SpiceJet launches daily direct flights between Mumbai and Bangkok – In order to expand its global network, SpiceJet has started daily direct flights between Mumbai and Bangkok. In addition to this, the airline plans to improve domestic connectivity by adding 44 flights to its network
- Malaysia Airlines announces new routes, direct flights to Kuala Lumpur from Amritsar and Thiruvananthapuram – From November 9, 2023, Malaysia Airlines became the first full-service carrier to offer flights to South Asia and Pacific region after operating flights on the Kuala Lumpur and Thiruvananthapuram route. Flights between Amritsar and Kuala Lumpur will begin operations on December 1, 2023.
With so much to see and experience in the world who wouldn’t be excited to travel? Head over to Akbartravels.com and find solutions to all your worries related to visa applications, flight tickets, and hotel bookings. What else? We have the best budget holiday packages available to make your holiday truly peaceful.
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights