Here’s your weekly dose of travel updates!
Check out the latest news and updates about the travel and tourism industry from around the world.
1. 6 Countries, 3 Continents – FIFA World Cup 2030 Venues Announced! Saudi Arabia bids to host in 2034
Recently, FIFA extended an invitation to the countries from Asia and the Oceania regions to submit bids to host the 2034 FIFA World Cup, just after Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Morocco, Spain and Portugal were selected to host the 2030 FIFA World Cup. In the run-up, Saudi Arabia has officially declared its intention to host the 2023 FIFA World Cup through the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) owing to the country’s deep-rooted love for Football.
2. Delhi – Mumbai Expressway inaugurated! Now travel between Mumbai and Delhi in just 10 hours
The first section of the greenfield Delhi – Mumbai Expressway, which spans 246 km, was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 1, 2023. The Delhi-Mumbai Expressway is a 1,350 km long, 8-lane wide (expandable to 12-lane) access-controlled expressway connecting India’s national capital New Delhi to its financial capital Mumbai. The expressway will travel through several key cities, including Sohna, Dausa, Lalsot, Sawai Madhopur, Kota, Ratlam, Dahod, and Godhra and is expected to be completely operational by January 2024.
3. Railway Minister shares concept images of the Vande Bharat Sleeper Coaches
The Indian Railway Minister recently shared concept images of the Vande Bharat sleeper coaches, which are expected to be launched in early 2024. The sleeper coaches will be jointly manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) and Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) and have a classic wooden design with more comfortable seats, ambient floor lighting, and enhanced top lights. The coaches will include an array of features, like wider berths, spacious toilets, a compact pantry, and advanced safety provisions.
4. 3rd edition of the Indian Ironman Triathlon to take place in Goa from October 8, 2023
The 3rd edition of the Indian Ironman Triathlon will take place in Goa on October 8, 2023. The event will feature professional triathletes and other sports enthusiasts including over 200 women from 30 countries. The race is a half-Ironman event covering 1.9 km swimming, 90 km cycling, and a 21.1 km run. The swim will take place at Miramar Beach in Panaji, a highlight of our Goa tour packages. The Ironman Triathlon is a renowned global sporting event that is considered one of the toughest single-day sporting competitions globally and was first held in 2019 in Goa.
5. Designed like 150 years old steam engine trains, Rajasthan’s First Heritage Train – the Valley Queen Heritage Train, inaugurated by PM Modi
Rajasthan’s first heritage train, the Valley Queen Heritage Train, was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 5, 2023. The train is designed to replicate the 150-year-old steam engine trains and aims to provide a unique experience to travellers while offering a glimpse into the rich heritage and history of railways in Rajasthan. The fully air-conditioned train will run from Marwar Junction to Khamlighat in Pali district. It has the capacity to carry around 60 passengers at a time and has large windows on each side to enjoy the scenic views of Goram Ghat.
6. The World’s Highest Steel Arch Rail Bridge in Jammu Kashmir to be turned into a Tourist spot
Exciting news for tourists looking for an adventure while enjoying their Jammu and Kashmir tour packages. The world’s highest steel arch rail bridge, which spans the Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir, is set to become a major tourist attraction. The 1.3 km long bridge stands at over 1,177 feet above the river bed and is part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla rail link project. The authorities are taking necessary measures to increase the visitors’ footfall and develop the bridge as a tourist spot.
7. Smart Gate System: Passengers will soon be able to fly in and out of Dubai International Airport without Passports!
Soon the Dubai International Airport will introduce a new Smart Gate System that will allow passengers to fly without passports. The service was previously only available to UAE residents and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nationals. A joint project by Dubai’s General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs and Emirates Airlines, the service will allow passengers at Dubai International Airport, Terminal 3 to use a self-service option for immigration using biometric recognition technology. Who’s excited to try out this feature? Book your Dubai tour packages and get your Dubai visa now!
8. Now visit Milam Glacier in Uttarakhand without an Inner Line Permit
Tourists, mountaineers, and trekkers can now visit the Milam Glacier in Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh district without an inner-line permit. The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has decided to waive the mandatory requirement of an inner-line permit that was in place for decades. The Milam Glacier is located at a height of around 18,000 feet and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in our Uttarakhand tour packages.
9. Bike Riding and Jungle Safari coming soon to Binsar Forest Sanctuary in Uttarakhand
According to a report, the Binsar Forest Sanctuary in Uttarakhand is planning to introduce bike riding and jungle safaris to its list of tourist activities. The sanctuary, located near Almora, is known for its lush green forests and diverse wildlife, including leopards, deer, musk deer, wild boars, and bears. The Forest Department has proposed to introduce these facilities in the sanctuary, similar to those available at the renowned Jim Corbett National Park to significantly boost tourism activities within the sanctuary.
10. 136 year old Mumbai’s iconic Hanging Garden to shut down for 7 years!
The iconic Hanging Gardens in Mumbai, which is 136 years old, is expected to be closed for a period of 7 years due to the reconstruction of a colonial-era reservoir beneath it. The reservoir is in a deteriorating condition and poses a risk to the entire structure. The reconstruction project is expected to cost INR 698 crore and will involve the complete overhaul of the garden, including the removal of trees, with around 350 of them being transplanted nearby.
11. After a temporary hiatus, Kalka – Shimla Toy Train now back on tracks!
The Kalka-Shimla Toy Train, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, has resumed its scenic journey between Kalka and Shimla after a temporary suspension due to flash floods and heavy rain in Himachal Pradesh. The train services were suspended on July 10, 2023, after severe damages to the tracks in 352 places. The line was repaired in record time and as of October 3, 2023, 4 trains are running from Kalka to Shimla and 4 others from Shimla to Kalka. The train journey covers a 96-km mountainous stretch taking approximately five hours to complete and is a star of our Himachal Pradesh tour packages.
12. Airline Updates:
- Etihad to begin operations on Kozhikode – Abu Dhabi and Thiruvananthapuram – Abu Dhabi routes from January 2024 – Etihad Airways, has announced that it will commence operations on 2 new routes from January 2024. The airline will connect Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram in India to Abu Dhabi as part of Etihad’s expansion plan to increase connectivity and provide more travel options.
- Air India to start Non-stop Flights between Doha – Kochi and Kolkata – Bangkok from October 23, 2023 – Air India has announced that it will start non-stop flights between Doha and Kochi, and Kolkata and Bangkok from October 23, 2023. The airline will operate a daily non-stop flight between Kochi and Doha, similar to the newly announced daily non-stop flight between Kolkata and Bangkok.
- Vistara starts daily Delhi – Maldives flights – On October 1, 2023, Vistara launched daily, non-stop flights between Delhi and Maldives. With this new route, Vistara now offers direct daily flights connecting Maldives with two Indian airports – Delhi and Mumbai.
With so much to see and experience in the world who wouldn’t be excited to travel? Head over to Akbartravels.com and find solutions to all your worries related to visa applications, flight tickets, and hotel bookings. What else? We have the best budget holiday packages available to make your holiday truly peaceful.
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights