If you’re thinking of a safari experience with fierce wild beasts roaming free and untamed in the open wild; and heady game drives that will let you see them at close range, then SOUTH AFRICA comes to mind spontaneously.
So, if you want to experience the thrill of an African Safari, then book the best safari experience with our South Africa Travel Packages today.
South Africa Tour Packages will take you through the most intoxicating and lethal of wildlife destinations of the world. You can see the Big 5 (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino, & Buffalo) in four wheelers; track wild animals through the thick canopy of jungles on foot; or take off to the skies with a hot air balloon ride over the breathtaking landscapes’ of South Africa and its amazing flora and fauna.
From the stunning mountain ranges of the Drakensberg to the beaches and forests of the Garden Route; and more, a South Africa safari experience is one-of-a-kind experience.
BEST SAFARI EXPERIENCE IN SOUTH AFRICA
Here are five of the best safari hotspots that will make your South Africa trip memorable; and also savor the thrill of tracking Africa’s Big Five – Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino, and Buffalo.
KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
No safari experience in South Africa can be complete without an expedition to Kruger National Park because it is not just the best safari park in South Africa, but is also one of the oldest and widest wildlife conservation areas in Africa.
At Kruger National Park, you can not only spot the big five – Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinos, & Buffaloes – in their natural habitat, but also likely to spot cheetah, wild dogs, and plenty of birds (around 520 recorded species which can be spotted on game drives or walks).
As a result, Kruger National Park is one-of-a-kind safari park where you can see the best of wildlife including the big five in one day, and also get to savor some of best wildlife sightings in the world.
Aside from this, it also offers
- High-class accommodation backed by efficient logistics. You can select your favored comforts from Air-Conditioning, Exclusive-Use Vehicles, Private-Plunge Pools, Wi-Fi, and more;
- Kruger Lodges. They come with a variety of activities including Archery, Cooking Lessons, Specialist Photography Courses, Star Gazing, Tennis, Wine Tasting, & Yoga Courses;
- Professional tracker-and-guide teams in customized 4×4 vehicles who work as a well-oiled unit to track and spot wildlife;
- Abundance of wildlife. You can even walk with an armed ranger through big wildlife game territory;
- Up-close sightings of the big five throughout the year;
- Natural settings with minimal fences. This will allow you to see wildlife roaming freely in their natural habitat;
- Early morning Guided Tours WITH camping facilities;
- Night Safaris inclusive of camping facilities. You get to go deep into the South African jungles. This will allow you to spot and see the most nocturnal animals;
- Spine-chilling walking safari experience;
- Wheel-chair friendly safaris;
- Kosher and Halal-friendly safaris; and
- Adventure walking safaris. This will allow you to discover and see up-close smaller fauna and flora.
If you want still more adventure:
Then seek out lodges like Rhino Post in the park; or Africa on Foot in Klaserie; and Ngala Safari Lodge in Timbavati, all of which offer walking safaris. Those who are daring enough can even venture out on own accompanied by a guide to discover the best of Kruger’s breathtaking ecosystem.
Kruger National Park also offers excellent fenced lodges with quality accommodation facilities and budget-options for every occasion and need.
Those looking for a dream destination for honeymoon will find Kruger National Park, an out-of-the-world experience. Honeymooners can expect great accommodation facilities inclusive of star-beds; romantic safari treks; romantic dining; couple’s spa treatments; and private plunge pools.
PILANESBERG NATIONAL PARK
Located in Bojanala in North-West part of South Africa and right on the doorstep of the world famous Sun City Resort, Pilanesberg National Park is about a couple of hours drive from Johannesburg. It is known for providing a spectacular safari experience with breathtaking big-game viewing (lions, leopards, elephants, buffaloes, and rhinos); and a superb array of exciting safari activities.
Known to be among the most family-friendly South African safari holiday destinations, it is home to the big five of South Africa wildlife (lions, leopards, rhinos, buffaloes, and elephants); cheetah; brown hyena; and a colorful collection of exotic birds.
- Pilanesberg Hot Air Balloon Safari. This will give you breathtaking elevated views of the Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex (said to be a unique geological feature that was born from volcanic activity); and a hair-raising viewing from air herds of antelopes, buffaloes, and elephants. Aside from these, you also get to enjoy full English breakfast, welcome drinks of wine; first flight certificate; and a transfer to your chosen hotel.
- Guided morning and afternoon game drives that gives you the chance to see up-close big-game viewing;
- Spot-lit night drives that deliver up-close big-game viewing; and
- Family-friendly lodges in varied options. In addition, educational and fun activities will make you feel like a kid.
Honeymooners can take delight in the reserve. They can enjoy romantic sessions with candlelit dining on their private balcony; or cozy up at the award-winning spa.
Above all, the 55,000 acres, malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park with a setting within the slopes of an extinct volcanic crater, centering around a teeming lake, is an amazing safari destination that’s not be missed when in South Africa.
MADIKWE PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
Situated on the edge of the Kalahari and close to the Botswana border, Madikwe Safari, one of South Africa’s largest Big 5 reserves, is about an hour and half drive from Sun City; or a short-charter flight from Johannesburg. The 75,000 acres sprawling private game reserve is home to a breathtaking variety of what wildlife experts call as the mix of savannah and dessert animals including the highly endangered wild dog. This will ensure diverse big-game safari experience for those who visit it.
- Quality Lodges. They are family-friendly and offer tailored game—drives and safari activities including those for kids.
- Expert Guides who keep in radio-contact with each other to share details about sightings. They go off-road for up-close sightings and also conduct spot-lit drives which will allow you to see wildlife closely.
For those who want to romance or celebrate their honeymoon, Madikwe Private Game Reserve offers a good range of secluded and luxurious bush retreats.
The Game Reserve safari expedition can be clubbed with a trip to the championship golf courses, and water parks in South Africa.
Located at the eastern end of the Garden Route, Addo Park, inclusive of Addo Elephant National Park, is home to celebrity lion, Sylvester, and wide herd of mighty elephants that can be easily spotted converging near the Hapoor Dam of the Park.
- Accommodation facilities in a wide variety, both inside the park and nearby. They house some ultra-luxurious safari lodges.
- Marine Eco Tour. Here you can spot whales and sharks up-close.
- Game drives, Guided Nature Walks, and Horse-back safaris.
- Hiking Trials in a wide range ranging from short walks to 3-day treks.
- Plant Homes – five in numbers which makes it a botanist’s paradise.
- Birds – includes a staggering 450 bird species.
- Big Mammals in a wide range, with plenty of smaller creatures.
The malaria-free park has over 350 elephants; and a good number of four of the big five – lion, leopard, black rhino, and buffalo. In addition, there is a corridor to an Indian Ocean Marine Reserve which houses southern right whale and great whale shark.
The park has strict rules and measures in place for monitoring of big 5 behavior patterns. This will ensure that you get to spot all of the big 5 on your safari trip. This aspect makes it among the best safari destinations in South Africa.
MARAKELE NATIONAL PARK
Located about 270 kms north-west of Johannesburg in the heart of the Waterberg Mountains, Marakele National Park is not only home to the Big 5 (Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Elephant, & Buffalo), but also to a diverse spectrum of mammals like Antelope, Giraffe, Zebra, and a diversity of over 765 plant species including thornveid to woodland, forest and grasslands. In addition, there are also several sculptural cedar trees; yellowwood, tree ferns, and Waterberg cycad which are said to grow up-to 4m tall.
Its location in the transnational zone between the dry western and moister eastern regions of South Africa makes it a place of sanctuary for an amazing range of wildlife; towering mountain landscapes, deep valleys, and grass-laden hills.
Witness on your safari experience:
- Cape Vultures, one of the world’s largest colonies of endangered species; they can be seen on a drive to the top of the Waterberg Massif. The views along the route are scenic.
- Bird Hide at Bollonoto Dam. You get to see water birds, warblers, and rare birds like the white-bellied sunbird, emerald-spotted dove, and blue waxbill.
- Marakele 4 x 4 Eco Trial; situated at the top of the Waterberg Mountains in the far-east of the eastern section of the park, the trial takes three days ad two nights at two unfenced bush camps with environment friendly loos. Only five vehicles inclusive of guards are allowed at a time.
- Morning or Sunset drives with experienced guides. You will get to know and also see the park’s birds, mammals, and trees. Thus, the drives will also give you a chance to spot lions.
- Morning Bush Walk with a guide. You will get to learn about signs and tracks in the bush, and also the history and geology of the area. In addition, you can hear and spot birds.
- Bird Viewing; there are over 250 species of birds including the largest colony of Cape Griffon Vultures – 800 breeding pairs; Black-Chested & Brown Snake Eagle and Waniberg’s Eagle.
- Up-market lodges in exclusive private concession.
Marakele National Park is a must-visit for all those who savor the spectacle of seeing the Big 5 of Africa, at their majestic natural best.
Aside from the above top five safari destinations, South Africa offers many more parks with some of the world’s most exotic wildlife. Like Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve; Mapungubwe National Park; Timbavati Private Game Reserve; and more.
If you’re wildlife enthusiast and revel in exhilarating wildlife encounters, then book today the best of South Africa travel packages.
The best of South Africa tour packages will not only let you soak in the charm of the best of safari destinations that’s home to the abundant wildlife of South Africa, but will also let you savor its rich local arts scene and mouthwatering range of food and wine.