For the past couple of months, words like ‘ChatGPT’ and ‘OpenAI’ have been buzzwords among netizens. However, what exactly are these tools that are revolutionising the tech industry? Microsoft’s AI-trained chatbot ChatGPT took the internet by storm and had users waiting to explore the realm of the conversational chatbot. OpenAI launched ChatGPT in November 2022. It became successful by gaining the fastest 1 million users in 2 months. But without giving any time to Microsoft’s ChatGPT to settle in, Google swooped into the AI world with its AI chat service, ‘Bard’.
So what are these AI services? How do they work? How are they beneficial to the users? And mainly how are they different from each other?
Starting With: What Is AI?
Artificial Intelligence (AI), if put simply, is leveraging computers and machines to enhance problem-solving, improve decision-making and customer experiences and also automate routine tasks. Over the past few years, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been used in several industries including healthcare, finance, retail and transportation. The conversational AI chatbots have become popular among people and these language-based models have changed the way people are working.
Powered by Microsoft ChatGPT is a conversational, language generation model that works on a large scale. This Microsoft-backed ChatGPT stands for ‘Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer.’ This AI chatbot is trained to generate human-like texts right from question answering, translation and text summarization. Additionally, it also has the capacity to remember what users have said in previous conversations, allows users to provide follow-up corrections and is also trained to decline inappropriate requests.
Google Bard AI
Google CEO Sundar Pichai tweeted, “1/ In 2021, we shared next-gen language + conversation capabilities powered by our Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA). Coming soon: Bard, a new experimental conversational #GoogleAI service powered by LaMDA.”
This AI chatbot powered by Google comes as a direct competitor to ChatGPT. Google’s Bard AI aims to combine the depth of human knowledge along with the virtues of language models. With the help of the abundance of data available on the internet, Bard delivers on-the-point answers to its users.
Microsoft’s ChatGPT vs Google’s Bard AI
On first look, both Bard and ChatGPT are language-based conversational AI chatbots. However, there are some key differences in the design and use of these chatbots.
- Starting with the working model, ChatGPT works on GPT3 and Bard works on the LaMDA Language model. These AI chatbots are trained using probability and statistics, but their source of deriving information is different.
- Talking about the source of information, ChatGPT derives its information from the data it has been trained on, i.e. the limited knowledge of events till 2021. While Bard draws its information right from the data and sources right off the internet, which means it will be up-to-date with the freshest information available. So, based on knowledge, ChatGPT is more restricted while Google’ Bard AI wins by providing real-time information. Bard definitely has an edge over not only ChatGPT but other AI platforms as well, due to accessibility to Google’s entire data collection.
- ChatGPT’s limitations include occasionally generating incorrect information and may also occasionally produce harmful instructions or biased content. While Bard’s limitations include the fact that it derives directly from the internet and the internet lacks censorship and also holds much misinformation.
- Factoring the outcome, Bard has the ability to refine complex subjects into easily understandable, chit-chat worthy chunks. Its goal is to spread knowledge in an easier manner and encourage learning for everyone. While ChatGPT creates full-length content, usually, in response to the question text.
- Lastly, talking about access, ChatGPT’s basic version is accessible for everyone to use now, while Google’s Bard AI still has limited access so far.
Both Google Bard AI and Microsoft’s ChatGPT are showing tremendous potential to make ground-breaking changes in the AI world. Apart from these two tech titans we also have Baidu, a Chinese technology company’s AI chatbot ‘Ernie’, though it is still in the development stage. Between these battles of Artificial Intelligence (AI) models, one clear winner is definitely the user. AI has already made its way into many day-to-day activities of people. However, it is a conversational topic with several concerns including job displacements and ethical implications. It is in the hands of netizens to carefully assess the benefits and risks of AI and use them responsibly and transparently.
Artificial Intelligence may be of great use for many things in your day-to-day life, but you surely don’t need AI to plan your holidays. All you need is expert assistance and amazing deals, which you can grab on Akbartravels.com. From cheap and affordable flight tickets to budget/luxury hotel bookings, visa services for all countries and all-inclusive holiday packages, get all your travel arrangements in one place plus, our attractive paisa vasool weekly offers such as discounts of up to Rs.5,000 (SWADES) & Rs.20,000 (PARDES) on Flight bookings, ZERO convenience fee waiver on Wednesday flight bookings, up to 75% OFF on Friday Hotel bookings etc. will help you save more on your trip planning.
So, have you tried these chatbots? Which one is your favourite? Tell us in the comments below.
- Dekho Apna Desh Scheme: Promoting 50 Tourist Destinations in India
- The Seven Wonderful Wonders of the World
- A Virtual Tour To The Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah In Dubai!
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights