After completing the daunting and time consuming task of acquiring a US visa, all you wish to do is pack your bags and fly away to explore the USA and get a taste of the American Dream without any delay. But before that there’s another hurdle that you have to overcome, that is booking your US flight tickets. Cheap flight tickets to the USA from India can be hard to find and if you are not looking at the right place or at the right time you may end up spending more than you should.
We have put together a list of some helpful tips on how to get cheap flight tickets to the USA, read on to know more about them.
- Monitor Flight Prices At Akbartravels.com – We at Akbartravels.com believe in providing quality services to our clients, i.e, YOU. With round the clock assistance and easy to navigate website every information is accessible with a few clicks. Keep an eye on price of flight tickets to the US, monitor the fluctuations, and when you spot the perfect deal, grab it!
- Be Flexible – When you decide to travel, don’t set your date on weekends or around summer holidays and festivals such as Diwali, Christmas, or New Year, as a lot of travelers rush to travel on these days which results in increased air fare of flight tickets to the US. So, to avoid burning a hole in your pocket, plan to travel during off season and be flexible with your travel dates.
- Advance Booking – This goes without saying. No matter where you plan to travel always plan booking your tickets well in advance as the closer you book your tickets from the date of travel, the higher the price you pay. Waiting till last moment is never a good idea when looking for flights from India to USA. Best time to book cheap flight tickets to the US is atleast six months before your travel date.
- Coupons and Offers – When you sign up for email updates or download the mobile app of a travel agency, you will come across various offers and deals which will help lower down the cost of your flight tickets to the US. Akbartravels.com provides weekly travel offers and deals for booking flight tickets and holiday packages etc.
Offers as below:
- Monday Offer: Special Deals on Visa services.
- Tuesday Offer: Code SWADES to grab up to Rs.5,000 on Domestic flights.
- Wednesday Offer: Enjoy Zero Convenience Fee on all flight bookings, meaning book at no extra cost.
- Thursday Offer: Code PARDES to grab up to Rs. 20,000 on International Flights.
- Friday Offer: Big discounts on Holiday Packages.
- Price Alerts and Calendars – Most travel portals have a feature that sends you alerts for price drops, seat availability, offers and discounts, etc. this feature will also aid you in booking cheap flight tickets to the US. If you want you can also access their fare calendar that displays the airfare of the full month so you can compare airfares on different dates and book accordingly.
- Opt to fly from other cities – You can opt for alternative routes wherein you fly to another location and book a connecting flight to your destination from there. For instance: Mumbai is your departure city but flights from Delhi to the US may be cheaper as some airline may be offereing a special fare from Delhi.
- Go Incognito – This may be by far the most common tip widely circulated on the internet. When a particular flight is searched multiple times, the fares of that particular flight you were looking for will increase accordingly. So if you keep on checking again and again for a particular flight you might notice an increase in its fare. To avoid such a scenario, always use incognito mode on your browser
- No More Cookies – Cookies help websites provide a personalized experience to their users by keeping a track of your data. This also affects the price that gets displayed to you when you use the website for searching flight tickets. To get the lowest air fare from India to US, we recommend clearing cookies (even in incognito) in your browser before you start searching.
- Special Discounts – Some airlines offer special discounts to frequent flyer members, senior citizens and even students. Check with the airlines and enquire about these discounts if you are eligible. Quite a few credit card companies also collaborate with specific airlines that give you points for every time you use their card and these points in turn can be redeemed to book flight tickets to the US in said airlines.
- Compare – Every airline tries to provide competitive airfares. Akbartravels.com helps you search and compare different flights operated by all the airlines. The flight search includes information such as the cost, time of departure, time of arrival, flying time, no of stopovers (if any), visa required (if applicable), Covid restrictions and all other relevant information.
- Best Days to book – It is an inside secret that, from Monday through Wednesday during midnight the flight tickets are available for a comparatively lower rate. So search for best rates on flights tickets during these times.
The next time you plan a trip to the US, try putting these tips to use and let us know in the comments how big your savings were.