Shopping is a religion for many shopaholics and Singapore is their temple or rather, paradise. The country has a plethora of amazing Singapore shopping destinations that at times one trip may just not be enough. The small island nation packs more shopping malls per square mile than most other famous shopping destinations in the world. So, if you are already as tempted as us to swipe that credit card, let’s get into it right now, starting with the top Singapore Shopping hubs. Here’s our list of the best.
10 of the Best Singapore Shopping Destinations
1. Little India
Nestled peacefully as a forgotten piece of time, Little India stands odd one out amidst the common skyscrapers and mall studded metropolis. Adorned with colourful and pretty little shops all around, shopping in Singapore’s Little India region on the Serangoon strip of road, is a delight for every shopper. You will find a wide range of exciting items like gorgeous sarees, dress materials, electronics, spices and even silverware and jewellery. When you are out here for some shopping, keep in mind that there are some shops and malls which are open round the clock as well.
- Popular Places: Serangoon Road and side street shops, Chandana Mart, Little India Arcade, Mustafa Centre etc.
- Known for: Indian spices, curries, sarees, jewellery etc.
- Timings: Mustafa Centre stays open 24 hours a day, other shops close by 10:00 pm
Chinatown is a true shopper’s paradise, especially if you are on a budget. There are endless rows of quaint shops selling a huge array of products including spices, household items, Chinese foods, cheap clothes, pottery, trinkets and much more, that can be bought at an affordable price. The ideal time for Singapore shopping out here is one month before Chinese New Year when the market swells with hordes and hordes of goodies like Mooncakes. This is also the time when Chinatown goes into a decorative frenzy with beautiful lanterns, ornaments etc. creating a fantastic muse for any photographer. Therefore, it is no surprise that this place also gets marked as one of the top Singapore attractions.
- Popular Stores: Ann Siang Road, Chinatown Complex, Books Actually, Ming Fang Antique House, Chinatown Central Flea Market etc.
- Known for: Chinese satin or silk robes, antiques, spices, tiny figurines etc.
- Timings: Varies with different stores though many stay open until 11:00 pm
3. Orchard Road
If there could be only one place that you could go for Singapore shopping then undoubtedly it should be Orchard Road. Dotted with shopping centres, malls, boutiques and stores, this lane is a godsend for the shoppers at heart. From electronic goods to high-end clothing labels, you can find almost anything and everything at this spot. The alfresco stalls and many buskers lining this road add to the charm of the place, providing you with an unmatched shopping experience.
- Popular Malls: Paragon Shopping Centre, ION Orchard, Ngee Ann City etc.
- Known For: Fashion apparels, shoes, handbags etc. from well-known brands
- Timings: Sun-Fri 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, Sat 10:00 am to 11:00 pm
4. Haji Lane
Not only does this place offer an exceptional Singapore shopping experience, but it is also one of the top places to visit in Singapore. You can find cute vintage shops selling a variety of goods like vintage cameras, colourful scarves, an eclectic mix of pretty clothes and accessories. This charming Arab quarter is a famous Singapore Tourism spot that is frequented by people on the lookout for some unique and quirky finds to buy as souvenirs. The place itself has a delightful aura to it with bright and unusual boutiques adorned with wall paintings that also gives a good opportunity for photography.
- Popular Stores: Dulcet Fig, Tangers, Zhai Eco Collection, Fabulous Fad etc.
- Known for: Unusual knick-knacks, clothes and accessories
- Timings: 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
A must visit destination for Singapore Shopping, IMM Outlet Mall is a famous mall located in Jurong. Housing over 80 different outlets, IMM offers many popular local brands like Charles & Keith as well as many big international brands including DKNY and Sacoor Known to be a great place for every shopaholic, you will not only find numerous branded stores but also many home furnishing stores covering all of your needs for interior decoration and furnishing. Visiting IMM is one of the not to be missed things to do in Singapore.
- Where: 2 Jurong East Street 21, Singapore 609601
- Known for: Big brands like Sacoor, COACH, Charles & Keith etc.
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
6. Clarke Quay
If you are up for splurging big, this is the right place to do so. Apart from some great waterfront restaurants and stunning view, the quay also offers multiple boutique shops, fashion outlets, international labels and even some good malls for indulgent Singapore shopping experience. After a long day of hopping from store to store, relax at one the superb restaurants of this place which is known for its vibrant and energetic vibe that draws tourists for evenings of luxurious wining and dining,
- Popular Places: Clarke Quay, Great World City, Central Clarke Quay, Funan DigitalLife Mall, Riverside Point etc.
- Known for: High-end fashion stores
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
In a city that’s bursting with innumerable malls and shopping centres, it is only a matter of pride that VivoCity is the largest among them all. Living up to its tag of ‘lifestyle centre’, it has a vast plethora of some of the biggest national and international brands and outlets, making the entire Singapore shopping experience a tiring but satisfying affair. In addition to this, it also has a huge open air playground, fifteen movie screens, several restaurants and bars, a large rooftop amphitheatre and even an art gallery to its name.
- Where: 1 Harbourfront Walk VivoCity, Singapore 098585, Singapore
- Known for: Trendy clothing, accessories and household items
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
8. Bugis Street Market
Resting between Little India and Marina Bay, Bugis Street Market makes for a jolly shopping arena in Singapore. It is the largest street market in the city, with over 800 different stalls tightly squeezed under a single canvas roof, which surprisingly adds to the peppiness of the whole Singapore shopping experience here. You can spend hours browsing through clothes, electronic gadgets, cosmetics, accessories, trinkets, housewares and more. The many eateries on this stretch help you to recharge yourself between the tiring but pleasurable feat.
- Known for: Stationery, sunglasses, cosmetics, footwear etc.
- Timings: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
Also Read: Tips to get Singapore Visa for Indians
9. Holland Village
A favourite among tourists and the young residents of the city, Holland Village is a wonderland for some good Singapore shopping. The place has everything under the sun worth selling, spoiling you for choice and solving your problem of what to shop for in Singapore. You can buy Asian ready-to-wear dresses, arts and craft items, home furnishings, carpets, antiques, footwear and just about anything from here.
- Where: Holland Avenue Lorong Liput, Lorong Mambong, Singapore
- Known for: Gift items, collectables, antiques, books etc.
- Timings: 10:30 am to 9:00 pm
10. Singapore Shopping at Marina Bay Sands
One of Singapore’s most spectacular sites, Marina Bay displays a gorgeous area with three luxury hotels with a long rooftop area consisting of an equally ravishing infinity pool. Adjacent to the hotels lies the Shoppes of Marina Bay Sands which is perfect for a memorable Singapore shopping experience if you are all for luxury purchases. It houses several high-end brands, casino and fine dining restaurants to splurge at. It even has a canal passing through it where you can even enjoy a day of boating!
- Where: 10 Bayfront Avenue, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore 018972
- Known for: High-end luxury retail stores
- Timings: 10:00 am to 11:00 pm
Singapore Shopping is a resplendent affair that no one can be exempted from when visiting this vivacious city. The endless options for shopping, spoiling yourself at high-end labels at luxury malls or getting unique deals at throwaway prices when shopping at the island nation’s many street markets, is delightful enough. From Chinatown’s authentic Chinese spices, foods, lanterns or robes to Little India’s beautiful sarees, scintillating curries and exquisite jewellery, you can enjoy multidimensional venture. So, get ready for the best shopping experience of your life in Singapore. Also, to make your travel experience a seamless one, you can leave all your Singapore visa worries on us!