For Sheer diversity, Turkey is hard to beat. The country is best measured in multitudes – of people, natural landscapes and cultural. It is a land of vast open spaces and massive mountain ranges, fertile valleys and rugged coastline, fast-growing cities and sleepy villages, seaside resorts and remote beaches. Turkey overflows with historic sites and archaeological wonders, all set in a varied and beautiful landscape. Though the capital status eludes it, Istanbul is very much the beating heart of the nation. First of all, to enter Istanbul or Turkey for that matter, most tourists will need a Turkey visa for Indians.
However, there are a few visa types, several ways to obtain your visa and different fees to pay. Hence, It all depends on your passport type, country of origin and the purpose of your visit.
Follow these tips to determine the easiest way to get Istanbul visa for Indians:
- You can apply for the Turkey visa up to 60 days to at least 20 days prior to your intended date of travel.
- Entry into Turkey requires a Turkey Visa. All Indian passport holders need to have an electronic visa (e-visa); also, a sticker visa issued by a Turkish diplomatic or consular mission in order to be able to enter into Turkey.
- Travelers can apply for Turkish visa through two methods i.e Online application for Electronic visa (e-Visa) or direct application at the Embassy or consulate. Hence, not all applicants can apply for the e-Visa.
- The Turkish authorities have introduced a new electronic visa (e-Visa) for Indians. Turkish e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. It is equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in the passport. Indians can obtain a Turkish visa online, provided they meet certain criteria. You are only eligible for a Turkey e-Visa, if you hold a valid visa or valid resident permit from the US / UK / Ireland / Schengen countries; and your purpose of travel is tourism or business only.
Also Read: How to Apply Turkey visa for Indians
- The e-Visa is a single-entry visa for turkey, issued for 6 months (180 days); which allows a stay period of only 30 days. The best thing about the e-Visa is that the embassy processes an e-Visa within 24 hours.
- All the other travelers will need to apply for the Turkey sticker visa at the Visa application center. The Turkey Stamp visa is a sticker visa endorsement on the passport. The Turkish sticker visa stamp is for the purpose of tourism, business, transit, student or working. Your Turkish visa is valid for 180 days (6 months) from the date of issue and one can stay for up to 90 days. Most noteworthy, the embassy will decide the number of entries i.e. single or multiple; depending on the purpose of your trip and travel itinerary.
- You will need to submit a set of documents for your application. Namely, documents required are your passport, photographs, cover letter, proof of employment or academic studies, bank statements, income tax returns, travel Insurance etc. For the complete list of documents, click here.
- The Turkey sticker visa takes 3 – 4 days for processing. However, the processing time may vary depending upon individual cases.
Finally, what are you waiting for? Log onto Akbartravels.com and start your visa application today. Its highly recommended for you to employ a reliable and experienced travel agency to ensure your visa application is successful in the first attempt only.