“Saare jahan se accha Hindustan hamara!”Muhammad Iqbal
We all grew up singing this song quite enthusiastically, didn’t we? We hold great pride in being Indians and are extremely proud of India. But our pride doesn’t just come from the monuments and the natural beauty that our country houses in its heart, but also for the many feats India has achieved over the years. With its constant onward march towards success, there are bound to be many facts about India that many may not be aware of.
We present to you a list of incredible facts about India that are sure to make you brag about our country and feel prouder about being an Indian.
Also Read: 75 Milestone Moments In Indian History
• Many Inventions and Discoveries come from India:
• Sanskrit – the Mother of Languages, is the Oldest Language in the World.
• World’s Largest Family stays in Mizoram- 1 man, his 39 wives, 94 children, 33 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandchild.
• Asia’s Largest River Island – Majuli Island is in India (Assam)
• Diamonds were mined only in India until 1896
• 70% of the World’s spices come from India
• Second Largest English Speaking Country after the USA
• In 2014, India was declared Polio Free
• Bollywood is the Most Prominent Film Producer, with over 1,100 movies every year.
• 10th Largest Gold Reserve with Indian women owning up to 11% of the Total World’s Gold.
• The Third Country in the World after the USA and UK with the Most Records in the Guinness Book of World Records.
• One of the World’s Oldest Surviving Cities, Varanasi, is 5,000 years old. It is “older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend, and looks twice as old as all of them put together” as Mark Twain said. So when are you planning your Varanasi holiday?
• Last Untouched Place on Earth – The North Sentinel Island.
• Siachen Glacier – has the World’s Highest Helipad (21,000 feet) and is the World’s Highest and Coldest battlefield (20,000 feet).
• India is home to Skeleton Lake which is filled with skeletons. So, if you are planning your Uttarakhand holidays add in a trek to the unusual Roop Kund Lake.
• Coke and Pepsi are used as pesticides in some places. Consider this as one of the crazy facts about India.
• On your next Kerala holiday, visit a Spa for Elephants at the Punnathoor Cotta Elephant Yard Rejuvenation Centre.
• Most Visited Place in the World Golden Temple serves free meals to thousands of people.
• Howrah Bridge was built without using any nuts and bolts. It was made using a tensile alloy Tiscrom provided by Tata Steel in 1942.
• First Granite Temple in the World -The Brihadeeshwar Temple, built in 1010 AD at Thanjavur (Tamil Nadu) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• On your Rajasthan Trip, do visit the Temple of Rats
• Rabindranath Tagore was the First Indian and the First Asian to win a Nobel Prize in Literature.
• Musician Benny Prasad holds the World Record for traveling to 254 countries in the world (6 years 6 months and 22 days). Feeling inspired? You can take a tour around the world too! Just book any of our International tour packages. We assure you that we will make sure your travel visa process will be hassle-free no matter which place you choose.
• Google, Alphabet, Microsoft, Twitter, Chanel, Adobe, IBM, Palo Alto Networks, and many more companies have Indian-origin CEOs.
• Freddie Mercury was of Indian descent and was considered the World’s First Indian Rockstar
• Sachin Tendulkar was the First Cricketer Ever to Score a Double Century in ODI Cricket. He also holds the Record for the Highest Centuries Overall, Highest Centuries in ODI, and Highest Centuries in Test Matches and is the Only Player to have More Than 30,000 runs to his name and played the Most Number of Matches.
• Vishwanathan Anand was the First Indian Grandmaster and has won the World Championships 5 times.
India and Space:
• First Indian Rocket was transported on a bicycle and today India has One of the Top 5 Space Programs in the World.
• India is the Fourth Country in the World to have placed its flag on the moon.
• Chandrayaan-1 of ISRO Discovered Water on the Moon!
• ISRO set a World Record of 104 satellites launched in orbit in a Single Mission.
• The Only Nation to Complete Mars Mission in the First Attempt (India’s Mars orbiter – Mangalyaan was made at the Lowest Cost Worldwide).
All the Superlatives:
• Cruise along the World’s Highest Motorable Road, Umling La Pass at 19,300 ft on your Ladakh holidays.
• Planning your Jaipur holidays? Visit the World’s Largest Sundial which is 90 feet high and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Largest number of Post Offices in the World, including the World’s Highest Post Office (Hikkim, Himachal Pradesh-14,567 feet) and a Floating Post Office (Dal Lake, Sri Nagar).
• Nalanda was the World’s First Residential University.
• Wettest Inhabited Place on the Planet – Mawsynram in Meghalaya receives 11,873 mm of rain yearly and should definitely be in your Meghalaya holiday itinerary.
• World’s Highest Bridge – Bailey Bridge (18,379 feet) was constructed by the Indian Army in 1982 in Ladakh.
• World’s Highest Railway Bridge – Chenab Railway Bridge (1,532 feet).
• Indian National Kabaddi Team has won all 3 Kabaddi World Cups.
• World’s Tallest Statue – The Statue of Unity (600 feet).
• Largest Producer Of:
• Second Largest Producer Of:
India is indeed incredible! Just pick any Indian destination from our India tour packages and see for yourself just how majestic and amazing our country is.
Also Read: 20 places in India that feels International
Be it past or present, India has left its mark all over the world’s timeline and plans to do so in the future as well! And we can’t wait to play a part in our country’s upcoming achievements!
Know any proud facts about India, surprising facts about India, or other OMG facts about India that we missed? Drop a comment and let us know your favourite facts about India!
- Thinking Of Snorkeling In India? Then Dive Right In Here!
- 5 Most Spectacular Helicopter Rides In India
- 7 Best Indian Honeymoon Destinations For Couples
- The Best and the Cheapest Places to Visit in India
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights