Popular as ‘the Pearl of Indian Ocean’, Sri Lanka is a beautiful island situated south of the Indian subcontinent. Today, Sri Lanka has become one of the most sought after destinations for travelers around the world. With its charming scenic beauty, serene beaches, pristine forests and perineal waterfalls, the country never fails to amaze the visitors. Sri Lanka is not only famous for offering majestic picturesque view, but it is pretty for its quality of education as well.
Sri Lanka offers great education opportunities with high-end campuses with great research facilities for students. It attracts thousands of students from India and other international countries for its affordable yet
Eligibility for Sri Lanka Student Visa
A Sri Lanka student visa is granted to those international students who intend to pursue a regular and fulltime academic course in a recognized institution in Sri Lanka. It is mandatory that the student obtain an Entry Visa before travelling to Sri Lanka. Approval for students Entry Visa is processes only in Colombo by the Department of Immigration. Sri Lanka Diplomatic Missions will not issue any Students Entry Visa unless the prior entry visa approval is given by the Immigration Department in Colombo.
Parents / guardians of international students under the age of 16 years can apply for a visa to remain in the country with their children during the duration of the course.
Sri Lanka Visa Application Procedure
Here is a three step application procedure for obtaining Sri Lanka Student visa:
- Obtaining Entry visa approval from the Department of Immigration in Colombo.
- Collecting Entry visa endorsement from the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic mission and travel to Sri Lanka.
- After arriving in Sri Lanka, collect your student visa endorsement on your passport at the Department of Immigration in Colombo immigration Visitor Service Center in Colombo.
Document requirement for Sri Lanka Student Visa
- Duly filled
- Two recent
colorphotographs with white background
- Confirmation letter or a bonafide certificate from the institution where you intend to study in Sri Lanka
- Upon entering Sri Lanka, before the expiry of the visa given at the port of entry, the passport of the student should be submitted to the Department of Immigration for stamping student visa on it.
The student visa is valid for 1 year and can be renewed as per the duration of the course. Students are advised to contact their respective educational institution and request that they can contact the Department of Immigration & Emigration (DI&E) to smooth the clearance process and also forward the visa approval to the embassy.
Waiting time for visa application processing can vary depending on various circumstances. Most noteworthy, you should apply for your Sri Lanka student visa at least before your university degree program starts.
So, now that Akbar Travels has provided