Are you a Bollywood buff? Do you enjoy watching Bollywood movies? Do you also wonder about behind-the-scenes processes involved in creating our beloved Bollywood masterpieces? Ever wished you could get a chance to fulfil your filmy fantasies?
If the answer to any or all the above questions was “Yes”, then you must visit the Bollywood Park in Film City. It was even mentioned during the Cannes Film Festival, when our Cultural Minister – Mr. Amit Deshmukh invited aspiring foreign artists and Bollywood enthusiasts to come and experience the Bollywood phenomenon and be a part of it.
What is so special about the Bollywood Park you ask? Read on to find out!
Also Read: 10 Underrated Places In Mumbai You Should Visit
The history behind the making
- It was built in 1977 to facilitate and encourage shooting opportunities – be it movies, ads or TV shows, in the state of Maharashtra.
- It is managed by the Maharashtra Film, Stage and Cultural Development Corporation Limited (MFSCDCL) and is considered the home of Bollywood which is the largest film industry of India.
- It was originally named Film City but was later renamed in 2001 as Dadasaheb Phalke Chitra Nagari to honor the father of Indian film industry and India’s first screenwriter, producer & director – Dadasaheb Phalke.
- Now MFSCDCL has collaborated with D’fine Art Pvt Ltd and MOS Utility Pvt Ltd and totally revamped the Bollywood Park to provide an unforgettable experience to the visitors.
Special features of the Bollywood Park
Apart from housing India’s first and only 360-degree cinema, it allows the visitors to – be a part of Live Shooting, showcase their singing talent in Music Studio, see their beloved stars in a Wax Museum, chill out in a themed Bollywood Café, experience the majestic Big Raj Mahal Sets, learn about the dubbing process in the Dubbing Studio, preserve their memories at a Selfie Point, etc.
Also Read: Top Five Road Trips That You Can Take From Mumbai
Shootings that took place here
Iconic movies like Saajan, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Baazigar, Devdas, RamLeela, Amar Akbar Anthony, Happy New Year, Gangubai Kathiawadi, Josh, Padmavati, Om Shanti Om, Sholay’s famous scene where Dharmendra climbed the water tank, climax of Singham, chawl scenes of Phir Hera Pheri, etc. along with famous TV shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Comedy Nights with Kapil, The Kapil Sharma Show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hai, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, and many more reality shows and ads have been shot here.
Location & How to reach
- The Bollywood Park in Film City is located next to the Sanjay Gandhi National Park in Goregaon and is pretty close to the famous Aarey Colony. Do make a note private or public vehicles cannot enter the park due to it being a protected area because of its proximity to the national park. Only authorized and registered vehicles like tour buses or vanity vans are allowed on the premises.
- If you are looking for budget friendly options, you can travel by Mumbai local to the Goregaon station, or you can opt to travel in BEST buses to Goregaon Bus Depot, then you can easily hire an auto-rickshaw or a cab to the park.
Also Read: 9 Exciting Weekend Getaways from Mumbai
The Bollywood Park in Film City operates daily from 10 AM to 5 PM.
The entry fees varies depending upon the different types of tours provided, such as:
- Film City Tour – It is a 2 hour guided tour through several locations in a bus that starts from INR 599/person.
- Bollywood Dream Tour – It is a 2 hour guided tour through several locations in a bus that lets you get down on certain points and click pictures, it starts from INR 699/person.
- Combination Tour – Combines Film City Tour and Bollywood Dream Tour and costs around INR 1,099/ person.
- Mumbai Film City Tour – Takes you on a 5 hour tour through the Bollywood Park in Film City where you can take part in many special features of the park mentioned above. Prices for this tour starts at INR 1,699/person.
- Half Day Bollywood Tour – Lets you experience many special features of the Bollywood Park and also gives you a chance to be a part of the audience in a reality show or a dance show whichever is being recorded at the time of visit, etc. price for this tour starts from INR 6,000/person.
Other Bollywood Parks in India
- Apart from the Bollywood Park in Film City Mumbai, we also have the world’s largest filming facility in Hyderabad called Ramoji Film City that is spread over an area of 2,500 acres, and film cities in Chennai and Noida. All of these are open for visitors to take a tour about.
- If you fantasize about being a part of the old classic movies and wish to relive certain iconic moments then head towards NDS Film World in Karjat which apart from being a lesser known shooting location in Mumbai is also an exciting theme park dedicated purely to Bollywood.
There are many top rated and exciting theme parks in UAE, and it is no surprise that they have a Bollywood ParkTM at Dubai Parks and Resorts. Many rides and attractions in this park such as Hawa Hawai, Tanga No.13, Taxi No.1, Krrish: Hero’s Flight, Lagaan: The Thrill Of Victory, Sholay: The Hunt For Gabbar Singh, etc. are dedicated to several iconic Bollywood movies that are beloved worldwide.
From the time it was started till date more than 900 movies, and hundreds of ads & TV shows have been filmed in this facility. You won’t even need an India tour package to explore iconic sights of India as they are spread across various outdoor locations and even constructed within 20 indoor studios that are present on the land.
So when are you planning to go?
- Lights, Camera And London! List Of Top Bollywood Movies Shot In London
- Honeymoon Destinations Of Our Famous Bollywood Celebrities
- International travel destinations made popular by Bollywood Movies
- 6 Bollywood Movies Shot in Dubai
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights